*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/606063-Send-in-the-Failcars
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#606063 added September 8, 2008 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
Send in the Failcars!
I came across this little slideshow at some point and bookmarked it for later. "Later" would be now.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/1,28757,1658545,00.html

The 50 Worst Cars of All Time

Now, let me say that I hate internet slideshows with an all-consuming passion. And to have a slideshow with 50 slides is... well, wtf? But this one turns out to be worth the trip... because, apparently, it was written by someone slumming from Cracked. Only they had to leave out the cuss words.

A 3,200-lb. motorcycle with training wheels, a V8 engine and enough copper tubing to provide every hillbilly in the Ozarks with a still...

Though unworkable, this three-wheeled suppository was the boldest of a series of futuristic, rear-engined cars...

It wouldn't be the last time American car buyers looked at the future and said, "no thanks."

The most ineffective bit of French engineering since the Maginot Line...

Less a car than a 5th-grade science project on seed germination, the Peel Trident was designed and built on the Isle of Man in the 1960s for reasons as yet undetermined, kind of like Stonehenge...


You get the idea. There's even flying cars in there.

Well... unworkable prototypes of flying cars.

Dammit.

© Copyright 2008 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/606063-Send-in-the-Failcars