*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605248-Crowfeet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#605248 added September 3, 2008 at 5:58pm
Restrictions: None
Crowfeet
Crowfeet

When winter blows in snowdrifts,
blinds me with the snow,
two eyebrows squinch up crowfeet
black on white cold crows.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.235a] 2008-08-30

ME:


No energy. Yesterday was a series of up and downs. Enjoyed eating at the Senior Center and visiting with Viola and her service dog Madrid. Did not get banking and paying bills done though and that will become an issue at some point.

I *Heart* the U. Montana library! Very easy to use and friendly.

*Reading* Reading Karen Volkman's Crash's Law. Mostly I like the cadence and the use of non-obtrusive rhyme.

WRITING and READING: the reasons for WDC

I looked at 56 items I have (mostly poetry) that have over 100 views each. I calculated 11,848 views in total with "First drum set leading the way with 731. "Speak soft my name follows with 713. Both of these were my first items entered here at WDC over 3 years ago. Age does have advantages! *Laugh* However, "'heart's home' and "Zmitri are still the favorites.

There is about 1 review per 10 views, ["Glice is an exception. 527 views with only 6 ratings. Popular on the internet with its hockey theme but not WDC?], so I don't have any items with over 100 ratings/reviews yet. Someday ...

I don't think I would have reached this wide audience without a place like WDC. And the rating system (I keep mine hidden from readers now) and reviews help to sort what really is working. BUT ... don't despair as one has to take some ratings with a grain of salt as well. One of my slightly lower rated pieces "Constellation of the ox is published. Editors are editors! Readers here are readers. And we all have opinions! *Rolleyes*

BLOGVILLE:

Catching up. Not there yet. Lots of changes in people's lives over the summer. At least some have resurfaced and that is promising. *Smile*

Montana: 70º and sunny at 15:00.
7644

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605248-Crowfeet