*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602924-More-of-the-same
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#602924 added August 20, 2008 at 11:45am
Restrictions: None
More of the same
I have been looking at foreclosures in Texas. My husband has VA benefits, so, I thought that it would be a good idea for us to be able to move back home if we had a place to move to when we got there. The monthly payment would be so much cheaper if we were buying the house instead of renting, so, foreclosures seemed to be the answer to that problem. So I thought. I recently found out that we have no credit. Actually, our credit score is 1 because we bought a car a long time ago and had it financed throught the bank. Other than that, we pay cash for the things we want and need or we don't buy it.Well, that seems as if it is going to hurt us in the long run. But, I'm not giving up hope or the idea that we are moving back to Texas. I can't hardly stand living here anymore. This state is driving me crazy! It seems like such a nice place when you first move here but this state is full of hatred and racism. It is just below the surface so your perception is skewed and you think, Oh, this is such a nice place. Then, years down the road, you start to see all of the hatred towards people that are different than the rest of the crowd. If your kids don't dress the way the other kids dress, they get harrassed, if they do, they get criticized for trying to conform and fit in. If you say something to someone who is a different color than you, prepared to be called a racist. For example, if there are kids in the street and they won't move when your car is coming down the road, if you tell them to get out of the road they start calling you names and harrassing you till you drive away. Then the next time they see your car, they spread out all over the road just because you are white and they are not. You can't get out of your car because you might get shot, if you honk your horn for them to move out of the road, they throw things at your car etc. It is absolutely terrible here and seems to be getting worse by the day. Maybe it is just my perception of this place but it is the most racist place I have ever lived. It isn't white on black racism either. It is black on white racism. The black people here treat the white people like week old left overs. They don't say anything nice even when you say it first. For example, when you are in the store and you need to get by someone that is blocking the aisle, you say excuse me, then they move out of the way and you say thank you and keep going, right? Not here, you can say excuse me until you turn blue, but no one will move the buggy or move out of the way. Your only option is to move the buggy yourself or turn around and go the other way. It is dangerous to move the buggy because then you have them yelling at you in the store and following you around the store and getting in your way on purpose. Just waiting for you to slip up and say something wrong, then the cops are involved and lawyers and civil rights people and all of that other crap. It is a no win situation when you are white in Mississippi! Yes, that makes me sound racist but this state has made me feel this way. It is just my opinion and my feelings, so, why will it enrage so many people that might read this? Aren't I entitled to have and express my own opinion in my own way? Not here, not if you are white. That sounds really bad but it is the truth. Unfortunately, that is a sad fact of living here for so long. Most of the white folks are very bitter and it gets worse as they get older or the longer they live here.
My husband didn't used to be so cynnical or sarcastic. But, he has gotten progressively worse over the last few years. He has nothing nice to say about anyone or anything. He complains about the stuff they show on TV. He only sees the bad in everything and not the good in anything. The only way to make him change back to a semblamce of his former self is to get the hell out of dodge as soon as possible. Anyway, got stuff to do and should probably get started on doing it.

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602924-More-of-the-same