*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600286-Embrace
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#600286 added August 4, 2008 at 10:00pm
Restrictions: None
Embrace
Embrace

Walking with a quadriplegic,
talking with a blind deaf-mute,
one has to learn the pace of breathing
the nuances of smell and touch,
the pressure at the back of eye,
the breeze that wafts across the face,
now soft, now rough, One must
attend to inner thoughts,
slow down to listen to another's.
In the silent race towards death,
embrace the gift of living.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.181] 2008-08-04

ME:


As I e-mailed to THE David *Smirk* partyof5 :

I looked up at Sentinel today and sighed ... I wanted to go up on a day when it wasn't too hot, but I don't want to be carrying anything except pen, paper and something to drink.

I spent part of the day at the rose gardens and wrote a couple things. I got back to the Big Dipper for a licorice milkshake (I'm going through the flavors one by one). I've done huckleberry already. At the U.C. I scored two free donuts just before closing time and got my business card to Britte upstairs where all the wonderful papers are.

I spoke with Amy at 'Noteworthy', a new shop by Posh Chocolat which specializes in letterpress. I don't think it would be cost effective for a simple business card, but for a booklet or art print of a poem it would be awesome.

I get to meet people fairly easy because I love talking to strangers. To know them? That will be a tad more difficult.

Finding a permanent place where I can write, make books, etc. is the present challenge. It has to be dirt cheap and that is defined as a broom closet in this town. I need more space than that.

I thought about rafting sometime. There's a group going up the Blackfoot on Wednesday morning. I need to do the scenic not the whitewater route. *Smile* Someday ...

I'm around and about on Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays, but this town hops on those three days. Summer in Missoula ... lots of fun.

Once again for those of you who missed it:

http://www.co.missoula.mt.us/webcam/

If you ever see a moose up there, David's probably chasing it to scoop the poop. *Smirk* He goes up as often as possible.

Montana: 84º and dry at 19:00.
** Image ID #1295354 Unavailable **
6882

© Copyright 2008 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600286-Embrace