*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599926-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#599926 added August 2, 2008 at 6:55pm
Restrictions: None
Bénédictine
Bénédictine

         for Leland

With a hint of Bénédictine
on moist lips;
my mustache and the bristles on your chin,
part to exchange the herb liqueur of old French monks,
your sensual whine,
sobriety ... mine.
You're drunk

and in your drunkenness you grab me,
pull me in,
plant upon my lips
the seal of monastic gardens,
release my wine from within.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.172] 2008-08-01

I don't drink; Leland does. I told him I'd love a taste of Benedictine even if it was only on his lips. His retort? You buy it ... *Smirk* It is so wonderful to have someone to tease and be teased by.

A link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedictine_%28liquor%29

ME:


I dragged my sorry butt to market. Glad I did. Talked to one guy about the snowfall (June 11th) on the lettuce fields after the first harvest. Joked with Miss Susan who paints faces. She's my elder (by 3 months) and an utter hoot. (but not like when you cross a cow with an owl ...) Met Lavender Laurie and laughed. We need to meet up again. I bought a sewn lavender tetrahedron (looks like a hacky-sack) for Gary's girlfriend and moose poop for him. I bought Curdish Delight (cheese curds with onion and chives) for myself.

Yesterday I wrote a "letter" to Gary while taking the #10 bus (fare free Friday) out west as far as Smurfit Stone (I would think smurfs, but the place was desolate, could use a paint job ... blue maybe?) It weaves the concept of a carousal (like the one we have in Caras Park) with the workplace and the need sometimes to get off. I'm concerned about him, but the letter must be 'light', oblique and not preachy. No finger wagging, no angst and no didactic advice.

Yeah ... I just wrote 'we' ... I guess I live here now. *Smile*

As for "Smile City" ... Lacy was here on Thursday (I'm at The Break where she works; she's in Miles City for the weekend), but so was her mom! So I read it to her mom and got Mother's Approval! She mentioned that Lacy will be the first in 5 generations to leave, that Lacy's dad should be touched by the mention of Green Acre Road, that there is cottonwood everywhere. She loved that imagery of the cotton.

So I did good. The prose-poem needs further editing, but I've handed out copies of my business card and the idea has met with approval and high marks.

Montana: 76º at 14:44, just like yesterday, but with lowering clouds. Rain? We can hope.

** Image ID #1295354 Unavailable **
6803

© Copyright 2008 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599926-