*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598279-The-Joy-of-Laundry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#598279 added July 24, 2008 at 10:56am
Restrictions: None
The Joy of Laundry
Istijlál (Majesty), 12 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Thursday, July 24, 2008 about 7:23 AM PDT

Unlike my mother and grandmother, I don't enjoy doing laundry. I like having clean cloths, but I don't enjoy the process of getting them clean. I don't care about sorting cloths, putting them in the washer and adding soap. I do like to watch the water run into an empty washer and make soap suds, but that is about the only thing I like.

However, I am going to have to start enjoying part of the process. Lately, Mom has a tendency to leave clean, we cloths in the washer over night. I have discussed this with her, but it does not good. So rather then say anything, I am going to start checking the washer before I go to bed. If there are clean cloths waiting for the dryer, I will fold the cloths in the dryer and then dry the cloths in the washer.

It's easier this way, if I say anything to her she gets upset and thinks she did something wrong, which isn't the case. It's just that leaving we clothes in a washer they can mildew and mildew is difficult and almost impossible to get out of cloths once it gets in them. I think I already have a pair of slacks that are mildewed, as a results of leaving them in the washer over night.

Mom used to dry everything in the washer before going to bed, but not anymore. There are other things she does differently since she got out of the hospital last year. I think that's why we had ants in the kitchen for a while, because she was leaving dirty dishes on th counter overnight. The ants are gone, but I found out this morning she left some dirty dishes on the kitchen counter last night.

I'm not going to say anything to Mom about it, I'll just check the washer and the kitchen counter before I go to bed. I'll dry the cloths and wash the dishes if I have to, but I'm not saying anything to Mom about it. I am going to encourage her and tell her what a good job she does, because she anything else as criticism. If I have to wash the glasses or dishes over, after she has completed them, I will. just do them over and pray she doesn't catch me redoing them.

I think I know what the problem is, but I haven't talked to Mom's doctor to request she recommend an evaluation and blood work. After that, then I will know for sure what is going on and contact the rest of the family for a talk. There is no use saying anything until I know more. My family has a tendency to jump to conclusions and there is no use anyone jumping off a cliff when there is no bear after them.



© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598279-The-Joy-of-Laundry