*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598108-Why-do-most-people-only-want-kittens
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#598108 added July 23, 2008 at 7:50am
Restrictions: None
Why do most people only want kittens?
‘Idál (Justice), 11 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at about 4:21 AM PDT

Why do most people only want to adopt kittens? Is it because we live in a culture focused on youth. A cultural that wants to put any human over the age of 60 into Senior Care Homes, where they will be out of the way of the younger generation. A young generation that does not want to admit that aging is a part of the natural process of life. A young generation that is moving so fast and reckless, that they find the slow and careful offensives.

Why do most people only want to adopt kittens? Is it because they do not want their children to experience the natural process of having a beloved pet die. Is learning to mourn the death of a pet so terrible that it is to be avoided at all cost, even if it means letting lovable cats or dogs go to pounds to await execution just because they are unadoptable for being too old.

Why do most people only want to adopt kittens? An older cat is lovable and cuddly. An older cat is a good companion and does not have to be litter box trained. True an older cat may have health problems, especially if the owners before could not afford to take them to the vet as often as necessary.

Why do most people only want to adopt kittens? Is age so terrible that it is something to be avoided? Is aging so horrible that it is something to be concealed even when considering a pet.

NOTE: I am considering changing most to some when I rewrite and post this to my port.



© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598108-Why-do-most-people-only-want-kittens