*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597895-OMG
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#597895 added July 22, 2008 at 9:38am
Restrictions: None
OMG!!!
Sorry I haven't been too good about keeping up with my blog but things have been pretty crazy lately. We have had three vehicle accidents in the family and 3 personal injuries in the family. By family, I mean extended family. You know, everyone that has married in, been adopted because you have known them thier whole lives and family members and thier kids and grandkids and kids friends 4 ever. Just about everyone you know. First, my brother from another mother had a wreck on his motorcycle, fractured his collar bone in 3 places and broke 2 ribs. The next day, my brother in law hit his neighbors truck. Major damage to the neighbors truck but not himself. Just damaged his wallet in the long run. The next day, my youngest son and his brother from another mother were T-boned and the car was totalled but they were ok. The following weekend, my 2nd daughter and her family went to the beach for the day. They were there for about 30 minutes when her youngest daughter was stung by a jelly fish. That kind of ruined the rest of the day for them and her daughter will probably never enjoy going to the beach form now until......

Then this past Friday, my 2nd daughter's oldest daughter had fixed her self one of those cup of noodles soups. She put it in the microwave and cooked it for 3 minutes, just like the directions said. She went outside with the cup of soup and was taking the lid off the rest of the way. Some of the water on the lid ran down her arm, so, she sat the cup in her lap. Next thing we know, she is running around screaming that her legs are burning because she spilled her soup. Her Dad grabbed her and stripped her pants off of her and raced into the bathroom and put her into the tub and put cold water on her thighs, but it was too late. She ended up with 2nd almost 3rd degree burns on her thighs. They rushed to the doctor, who bandaged her up. Yes, I said bandaged. The reason, because she was running around for almost a minute before she told her Dad that she spilled her soup in her lap. So, when he ripped the pants off of her, the skin came off too. She has places on the inside of her thighs about 2 inches wide and about 4-6 inches long, where there is no skin. It is on both thighs and one spot just above her pelvic bones that is a 3-4 inch oval. That one still has the skin on it. I went with them to the doctor yesterday, so the bandages could be changed. It was the first time that I saw what they looked like and let me tell you, it broke my heart. I went mainly for moral support but ended up being the one thing she wanted to hold on to while they took the bandages off. It was a long slow process because the bandages were stuck to the spots. All of her nerves were screaming because of the exposure to the air. It was the hardest thing that I have had to participate in , as far as kids are concerned. At least recently anyway. I had to go to my daughters house last night and help her change the bandages. My daughters husband is working out of town all week long. He hasn't helped her at all since this happened. When it happened last Friday, he stayed home with the youngest daughter, then when they went back to the doctor on Saturday, he stayed home just because, then on Sunday, when they went back to the doctor for the bandages to be changed, he went out to the country to help his parents finish building the shed at the new house. So, my daughter has been dealing with this all by herself with a little help from me. I'll probably be going over to her house every night to help change the bandages. Basically, I'm there for my grand daughter to have someone to hold on to while her mom removes the bandages, puts special cream on the burns and then re-bandages them. It is really traumatic for my daughter, my grand daughter and her sister. Her sister is only 6 and a very emotional child to begin with. But, because it involves her sister, it is just devastating for her to see her sister in so much pain and she can't help her feel better. But, guess that is enough for now. I'll be back in a day or two with an update for everyone.

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597895-OMG