*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597120-A-minor-nocturne
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#597120 added July 18, 2008 at 12:58am
Restrictions: None
A minor nocturne
A minor nocturne

With the quiet bass of twilight,
decrescendo of the sun,
in mezzo mountain whispers,
the alto line resung,

From wisps of tenor rainbows,
what clouds cannot hold on-
to soprano rising descants,
the nocturne now begun.

With hoots from staffs and branches,
mute trumpets blooming white,
hear the lullaby of eons,
pianissimo last light.

In the deepening hush of codas,
note the warble of the loon,
in the mirrored refrain of water,
the glissando of the moon.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.152] 2008-07-17

Okay ... so I wove some musical terms into a poem ... about what? I dunno.

ME:


I could scream as my neighbors have decided I need to listen to their music blaring outside my window. It is very loud. And I'm not happy. At 10:35 it's too late to party. We'll see at what hour they turn it down ... or not.

I went to a meeting that Quentin hosted (I don't think I've ever met another Quentin). I pushed myself to go out ... not feeling 100% well, but better to not go to sleep early.

Scored a free donut and bagel at the U.C. as it was the end of their day. I love the atrium and saw it as a refuge last December. If I am here this winter, that's where you'll find me.

I actually wrote! Reading Bukowski. Met a woman from South Africa at the Hob Nob. ($1 coffee). I remembered to take pictures and "images" while sitting under one of the bridges and will post that in my other blog when I can. I'm behind in posting what I'm writing.

BLOGVILLE:

I told Thomas that my creativity is dependent on my ability to weave thoughts like lace. Lots of holes, but what a pattern!

I check on where this blog is on the Blog-List every once in awhile. With over 6,500 views it is #194. I lament that Blogville ain't what it used to be, but someone is reading what we blog! *Smile*

An iron sculpture on the campus of U Montana:



Montana: 75º at 22:00.
** Image ID #1295354 Unavailable **
6539

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597120-A-minor-nocturne