*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597013-Dealing-with-Mom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#597013 added July 17, 2008 at 2:54pm
Restrictions: None
Dealing with Mom
Boy, time sure flies by when you don't even notice. We got so wrapped up in what was going on with Ron's Mother that we messed up our routines! We even thought that we were going to have to go back over to Moses Lake to help in taking care of her.

It seems that she sprained or strained some shoulder and arm muscles before the fourth when she was cleaning and getting her house ready for Ann and Rich's visit. Ann is the youngest daughter. Mom lives alone at age ninety one she does all her own cooking and cleaning and manages fairly well doing it most of the time. This time she overdid it and moved some heavy furniture when she shouldn't have.

There is speculation about a fall that she took outside before that too. She tells it that she was weak from not taking her breathing meds. and it was hot out and she almost started to faint and fell to her knees. *Worry*

Well, anyways she ended up in a lot of pain and her doctor put her on some pain meds. They made her unable to keep her food down. What little food she does eat anymore. Or the meds themselves for that matter. *Sick*

So her daughters were taking turns taking care of her. She just got a whole lot worse over the course of this last week. Her doctor ending up giving her a shot of morphine.

The sisters were on the phone with Ron filling him in on all of it. The oldest sister Pat wants to put her Mom in a small nursing facility that only has about six residents at a time. Yet, all around the clock care when needed. The youngest sister Ann doesn't want her Mom being fed morphine when it's not necessary.

They tried to get her doctor to admit her to the hospital but he felt she didn't need to be. Pat had just about talked her into going to check out that nursing center, when she changed her mind and stubbornly stated "I'm not going anywhere".*Confused*

She did agree to an MRI but could not go through with it. She was too claustrophobic.

Hence the ringing of our phone. Ron tends to agree with the older of the two sisters. So do I. We all went through this a couple of winters ago when Mom had pneumonia. Pat had taken her into her home then to care for her for two weeks. Pat has three small house doggies and Mom just was not happy with that arrangement then. The doggies are adorable and well mannered and clean. But, the one little Pebbles just loves to jump up on Mom's lap and lick her to death! So Mom loves to visit them but not live with them ...get it.*Smirk*

We were ready to go back over the mountains to Moses Lake to help take care of her if needed.

She is beginning to show some improvement now though so that isn't necessary were were told.

I tend to agree with Ron and his sister Pat. I think that it is time that Mom goes into a nursing care center.

Just convincing her of that though is another story!*Wink*


My Bikers Sig gifted to me from Sultry Enchantress

© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597013-Dealing-with-Mom