*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596912-June-shell-change-her-tune
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#596912 added July 17, 2008 at 12:28am
Restrictions: None
June, she'll change her tune
June, she'll change her tune

July, she will fly
into the ether where she'll try
to breathe, to climb
onto a bed of cotton billows
perchance to rest,
a sweet behest
before she tumbles back to life
and love's reality.

Shall she see me
waiting on the browning slopes
athirst, aflame, bereft of rain
or hope.

Come July, will she fly
and leave me humming
old June melodies.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.150] 2008-07-16

Have you heard "April come she will"?, a song of Simon and Garfunkel? The title and first line come from that very short song. I am thinking a doing a book length poem (linking verses) that I tentatively call "August, die she must", the next line in the song. If I were focused and if there is no drama, I could write most of it this August, finish in September (I'll remember), have it ready by October. *Cool*

ME:


I made a checklist of things to accomplish today. I did them all (well, I left messages for those I couldn't reach ...). My treat was having coffee at The Break. A cup and a refill for $1.50. I'm trying to budget my eating out. Fat chance of that! *Laugh*

I met my neighbors Leland and Rory, today. Leland writes novels and gave me Bukowski to read. He also feeds Tennessee, a friendly she-squirrel. The squirrels here interact with the humans ... so do the crows. Weird.

Book signing for Swan Peak by James Lee Burke at Fact & Fiction. Way over 60 gathered. incredible turnout. I couldn't hear well, but the crowd responded to his humor. It's a murder who-done-it and a cross fertilization of Louisiana and Montana.

BLOGVILLE:

I'm really trying to catch up in reading blogs. Slowly ...

Yesterday I watched the kayakers:



Montana: 71º at 22:00.
** Image ID #1295354 Unavailable **
6521

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596912-June-shell-change-her-tune