*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596586-Too-Much
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#596586 added July 15, 2008 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
Too Much!!!!
I'm pretty sure that everyone has had a weekend like this past weekend but it was just too much! First, I talked to my sister and found out that my brother from another mother was in a motorcycle accident on Saturday. He broke two ribs and fractured his collar bone in 3 places. The wreck took a chunk out of his helmet, which probably saved his life! I told her to tell him to save that helmet forever! Then, her husband got in an accident. He side swiped a neighbors truck with his truck. He has one of those really big dually type trucks. He wasn't hurt but the other guys truck was. Then, on Sunday, I was coming back from doing some errands and had stopped at the little store to buy some cigarettes. Yea, I know, I should quit. Anyway, I went to put the truck into park and it would only go into neutral and back into drive. I tried several times and then just put it into drive and called my son. I asked if he was home and told him that I was coming over because there was something wrong with the truck. When I got there, I had to honk the horn because I couldn't get out of the truck because I couldn't put it into park. Well, he had me put the emergency brake on and put the truck into neutral. Then he got into the truck and tried to get it to go into gear, no luck. So, since it has a neutral kill switch, he turned the truck off and crawled up under the truck and shifted the cable into park, then got back into the truck and started it and tried to shift it into gear. No problem but when he tried to put it back into park, big problem! So, he ended up driving the truck up into his driveway, then he put the emergency brake back on, put the truck into neutral, crawled up under it and shifted it into park, got back into the truck and turned it off. Then he took the covering off the steering column and discovered that the shifter cable broke. So, my truck is sitting at his house and I am without a vehicle, again! The real kicker of that situation, it happened on my mom's birthday! I told my son that she is testing him to see if he wil take care of the truck for me as well as my brother did for her. I think he will pass the test and hopefully, there won't be anymore surprises with the truck.

Then, yesterday, I rode with my daughter to the medicaid place, because she just can't remember directions unless it is a well travelled place that she is going to regularly. Just as we are pulling into the driveway and she is parking the car, my cell phone rings. It is my youngest son. He asks me where I am and I tell him, then he tells me that he has just been in a wreck. He was a passenger, not the driver. But, when the lady that ran the stop sign and hit them, the air bag hit him in the face on the left side and shoved his head on the right side into the passenger window. I have to convince him to go to the doctor today. He doesn't want to go, but there is the possibility of whiplash and maybe a concussion( very mild). He doesn't think he should go, but his friend had insurance and the lady that hit them had insurance, I think anyway. Regardless, I want him to go just to be on the safe side and the bills will get paid by the insurance companies, not by him. But, getting him to go to the doctor is easier said than done. Well, I gotta go. I'm going to wake him up and see how he feels this morning. I imagine he will be pretty sore. Sure hope he is ok.

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596586-Too-Much