*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595679-On-Being-Offensive
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#595679 added July 10, 2008 at 5:11pm
Restrictions: None
On Being Offensive
Everybody, I think, has at least one person whose opinion actually matters. That is, someone - or ones - who, when he or she attacks a cherished belief or closely-held love, can't help but feel bad. Like when Kirstin says Meat Loaf sucks, for example - I find it hard to reconcile the esteem in which I hold her opinion with the fact that Meat Loaf rocks.

At least we agree on Bruce Springsteen.

Anyway, while I know whose opinions matter to me (far too many, actually, which may come as a surprise to anyone who thinks I don't care what other people think), it's often hard for me to know when it's my opinion that matters to someone else, like I don't know her feet are there and I'm wandering around in the dark and I step on toes. That hurts, and it's my own damn fault for not turning the fucking light on.

So anyway, just wanted to say publicly to you-know-who-you-are that I'm sorry, I should have turned on the light, and your opinion matters to me, too, so when it came on and I saw you grabbing your toes and stifling a scream and looking at me like I was the ultimate betrayer, I felt really bad.

Thus it is at some great risk to myself that I present:

13 Facts About Women…Men Forget

Women confuse men. That’s a given. But it’s not because we don’t learn from our past relationships; we just forget everything we learned in the time between one and the next. And we only remember how different the two genders are when a woman’s inherent eccentricities rear their wild head, once again.


http://www.coedmagazine.com/sex/10501

According to my stats, 80% of my readers are female, and that's been pretty constant over the years I've maintained a blog here. So that article is for the other 20%. Ladies, please don't...

Hey, guys, why are they all lighting torches and carrying pitchforks?

...guys?

© Copyright 2008 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595679-On-Being-Offensive