*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595654-Sometimes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#595654 added July 10, 2008 at 2:06pm
Restrictions: None
Sometimes
A while back I wrote on this blog about getting letters from daughter's to thier mothers or about thier mothers. Unfortunately, no one has responded to this idea, including my own sisters or my daughters. I really thought it was a good idea because there aren't any books like the one that I would like to try to write. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard for women to write a letter to thier mom telling them thank you for some of the things that they have learned from them or just telling them how special they are to them. I just don't understand why I haven't gotten any responses from anyone. I mean, they can even be sent snail mail. I have volunteered to give my address or even give my email address. I just need thier address for verification purposes, you know. Just to prove that I didn't write the letters myself. I would never use them in the book, if it ever gets that far. At this point, it isn't going to go anywhere and someone will read this, steal my idea and make a frigging fortune off of something that I started! I just don't understand how it can be soooooo hard. It is your mom for crying out loud. Granted some haven't had the best mom and some haven't had a mom at all, but they have a view point or an idea of what they would say to her(mom). Especially in a letter, it is so much easier than face to face, don't you think? Maybe I should put a copy of the letter that I wrote to my mom and to my stepmom on this blog. Maybe that would spark an interest or at least get some kind of response from someone some where, who knows? Not I said the wanna be author. My daughter said that I should advertise on Craigslist and someone else suggested MySpace, but I'm not sure about those places and I don't know if I want a myspace account. I would probably get a lot of responses from people, but I don't think they would be what I am looking for or they would be worded to mean or something. I don't know. I'm just aggrivated and totally bummed out by the lack of caring from people in general these days. I wasn't raised to be that cold-hearted and I didn't raise my kids to be that way either. But, it seems as if the world has turned into a very cold and calculating place these days. Everybody is in it for the money or whats in it for themselves and if there isn't any money involved or nothing to benefit them, they don't give a damn! It just really bugs me and I guess I'll get over it eventually. Guess I'll talk to everybody tomorrow or in the next few days. Who knows, maybe I'll just give up on the idea all together?

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595654-Sometimes