*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594723-Fireworks-on-the-4th
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#594723 added July 5, 2008 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
Fireworks on the 4th
Yesterday was a great day for me. I went to my oldest sons house for bar-b-que and fireworks. I didn't have to do anything except show up for the fun. It was great! Naturally, I brought a surprise, cupcakes. Nobody expected them. My son gave me props for being the best at making cupcakes, cookies, pies and cakes. Things that I always made for them when they were little. Gave me a good feeling inside. He also informed me that if you tape a whole bunch of sparklers together with metal tape, raise one in the center, place them in a mailbox, lite the center one and run, it will totally destroy the mailbox. I love it when they tell on themselves. He said that was something he did many years ago and I just found out about it last night. Amazing! I have learned that no matter how much I thought I knew about my kids and what they were doing when they were young, I really didn't know crap! That just blows me away.

My husband, the stuck in the mud man, stayed home, as usual. Sometimes he is such a party pooper. He missed out on some awesome fireworks and really good ribs. My son and his other half(?) had a cooking contest, so I had two different sets of ribs. One was a little spicey but the other was not. Both were really good, but my sons tasted better to me. I'm not too fond of spicey food. Needless to say, I told them that they tied.

As for my youngest son and his internet friend girl, he has not been able to talk to her in almost a week. Apparently, her mother has taken the computer away from her and now her cell phone. The reason, she is home schooled and doesn't want to do the school work any more. So, her punishment is to lose the computer and cell phone. I don't understand that because she is supposed to be 18 years old. So, for now, it appears that the road trip my son had planned is off. He tried to call her yesterday. The first call, someone hung up the phone, the second call, he could hear someone on the other end but no one would say anything for a few minutes and then they hung up. He is very upset and worried about his friend girl because apparently her mother has been abusive to her in the past. Apparently she still is, at least that is how it seems. Anyway, I'll add some more tomorrow. My husband will be getting up soon and he doesn't like me blogging!

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594723-Fireworks-on-the-4th