*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/593537-Reviewing-my-response-to-the-question
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#593537 added June 28, 2008 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Reviewing my response to the question
Jalál (Glory), 5 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Saturday, June 28, 2008 about 7:46 AM PDT

Background: A family member, I hadn't heard from in over 20 years, called me from Oklahoma yesterday. We were talking about family, kids and grandkids. I mentioned that my youngest brother adopted his wife's two sons. She (the family member) asked "Didn't he have any children of his own?" My response was "She couldn't have any more" or something like that.

Review my response: After meditating on my response, I've decided that I should have given a different answer. I gave her the honest answer, what I didn't say was they tried and my sister-in-law lost the baby. However, that isn't what I'm talking about.

What I want to know is why, when someone adopts children people think that those adopted children don't belong to the adopted parents. The adopted children do belong to the adopted parents, by choice and not by accident of birth. So why didn't I give another response.

I'm irritated with myself because I didn't give a different response. I should have said "They are his by choice." However, I didn't give the response. Perhaps the question surprised me because it's the first time someone has asked me a question like that. Well, if anyone ever ask it again I have the proper response now.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/593537-Reviewing-my-response-to-the-question