*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592879-Intersection
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#592879 added June 24, 2008 at 3:53pm
Restrictions: None
Intersection
At last! An article that combines my two favorite subjects:

http://www.slate.com/id/2193827

Science... and boobies.

As a woman who loves sports, I've always found the concept of breasts bothersome. If all goes according to plan, they will fulfill their intended function for about three of the 70 years that I have them. The rest of the time, they alternate between getting in my way and embarrassing me. They are a favorite target of Frisbees and soccer balls. Finding sports bras is a chore. Shirts don't fit...

I think I'm in love.

Lawson explained that breasts move on three different axes: from side to side, front to back, and up and down. The most motion is generated on the vertical axis. Naturally, the bigger the breast, the more momentum it generates.

Yeah, baby. Yeah. Ooooh, talk more science to me.

Slight quibble: "their intended function" is obviously something other than something that only takes up about three years of one's life. That's like saying that the intended function of your nose is to hold up your eyeglasses.

I'm just sayin'.

Not quite as awe-inspiring, but pretty cool nonetheless, is the Large Hadron Collider (size matters here, too) that they're building over in Europe, where science isn't inhibited by the boobs in the White House:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7468966.stm?hadron

Our planet is not at risk from the world's most powerful particle physics experiment, a report has concluded.

...

Critics are worried that mini-black holes made at the soon-to-open facility on the French-Swiss border might threaten the Earth's very existence.

Critics? You mean like people who READ SCIENCE FICTION and KNOW BETTER than to create BLACK HOLES on EARTH?

Yeah, those critics.

© Copyright 2008 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592879-Intersection