*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/591684-october-29th-----october-31st
by Seska
Rated: 13+ · Book · LGBTQ+ · #1423302
Myra falls for the married Dana. But something is horribly wrong in Dana's life.
#591684 added June 18, 2008 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
october 29th - october 31st
                                                                                                                       October, 29th, 2007


Dear Lucy!


It's Monday. Dana wasn't at work today.

I know, I know. That shouldn't be such a big thing. But I wonder where she is. She hasn't told me anything about having a holiday or a free day this week. Okay, I'm not that important to know stuff like that. But still, why hasn't she told me? Maybe something is wrong with Tessa. I hope not.

Hopefully she's going to be back to work again tomorrow. I so badly want to tell her again how great last Friday was for me.

Oh, and remind me to get her home telephone number.

Besides that, it was a quiet work day. Nothing special happening.

Hope you're well and talk to you soon....


Yours,


                                                Myra




                                                                                                                   October, 30th, 2007

Dear Lucy!

It's Tuesday. Still no sign of Dana at work. I haven't asked around yet, though. I still think, that it really isn't my business. It's just my curiosity getting the best of me.

Tomorrow is Stephan's last day. We are having a small goodbye party for him. Just something small in the office lounge. Cake, coffee and chatting. No one really liked him that much. So I guess it won't be such a big thing.
I hope to get to know some of the other colleagues that way. It's good to work in a company that isn't that big. That way it's easier to meet and get to know everyone. I doubt that the people from the call centre will come up to celebrate with us. I think it's more likely only our floor plus the boss. We'll see.

I hope Dana will be there.

Have a nice day...

Yours,

                                    Myra




                                                                                                                         Octobre, 31st, 2007


Dear Lucy!


How disappointing. How very, very disappointing.

Wednesday. That's today. Goodbye celebration day. I went to work just like normal. Walking past Dana's closed office door, I decided to check if she was in today. I knocked at the door but no one answered me. When trying to open the door, I found it locked. Another day that she wasn't in? Oh well, maybe she was coming in later.

I went to my bureau and started some work. Stephan was in as well, packing his stuff. The little 'party' started at 10 a.m. . I went to the office lounge with Stephan. All the people from our floor were there. All, but Dana. It saddened me that she wasn't in. But I didn't have much time to think about it, since I was immediately pulled into my colleagues' chatter. I found that the celebration was as much a goodbye thing as a welcome party for me. I sat down with the boss and Mark, who immediately came up to me as I entered the room. We had, as I had thought, coffee and cake. It was fun to just sit there and get to know everyone. The boss even gave me a little present, but only after a very funny speech: a blue pen with my initials printed onto it in golden letters. Looked pretty expensive.
In between all the chatting and laughter that filled the room, I suddenly felt myself pulling away. I leaned back in my chair and let my eyes travel through the room. All of the people were friendly and happy to be together. It's a great team and I'm so lucky to be allowed to become a proper part of it. But, in all of this, there was one person missing. Dana. Don't laugh at me or something. I know, I should have forgotten about her and just have fun with the others. But her absence bothered me. Didn't she know that this was also a celebration for me? All the other members of our company seemed to know. Where was she?
Was it my disappointed ego? No, it's not that. It's more the fact that of all the people there, Dana is the one I like the most. I would have expected her to be there with us...with me. Yes, maybe you're right. It did disappoint me. Is that so bad? Do you understand that?

After leaning back in the chair and everyone around me kind of blurring out of my sight, I decided to take a break. To get a moment of silence for myself. I got up and excused myself. Walking along the floor towards the toilets, my thoughts were circling around the question why Dana wasn't in. I do think, if everything was okay, she would have come. It's just a feeling, but I do think she would have thought it that important. I hope so.

Anyway, I went to the toilet and then walked back into the direction of the office lounge in the middle of our floor. But standing by the door, I couldn't get myself to enter. Instead I turned and walked on until I was stood in front of Dana's door. I knocked, once, twice. Nothing. I tried opening the door, but it still was locked. So, she wasn't in. Again. At least she's not at work. I think it would have hurt me much more, if she had been in and just hadn't come to the celebration.

But it saddened me. It destroyed my day. And left me confused. Maybe I'm taking this too serious. I mean, not our friendship. The fact that she isn't in. There are a hundred possibilities why she isn't there. I have to force myself to not forget that it isn't my business. I know. Then why am I making it my business?

Because I like her and want to know if everything is okay in her world and with her. That's all.

I went back to the office lounge and forced myself to join in the chattering and laughing. I tried, but it just wasn't possible for me to totally stop worrying about Dana's whereabouts.

We all went back to work after lunch. It was hard for me to concentrate but I started my work on the new web page today anyway.

The rest of the day was relatively unspectacular. Went home after work, went shopping and watched TV. Now I'm in bed.

I have to admit, I'm still disappointed about Dana. You must think I'm really crazy or something. I sound like a stalker. You're right, probably. I will try harder to not let these things get to me so much. It's her life and not mine. I'm only a small part of it. If at all.

I will sleep now.

Take care, Lucy!


Yours,


                        Myra


P.S.: Thank you for listening to my jabbering!

© Copyright 2008 Seska (UN: seska at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seska has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/591684-october-29th-----october-31st