*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590921-Not-a-good-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#590921 added June 14, 2008 at 11:32am
Restrictions: None
Not a good day.
Today is not going to be a good day for me. It was exactly 1 year today that my mom passed away. My sisters and I had been there for months, taking care of her, she had terminal cancer. She chose Hospice care instead of chemo and radiation, which would have taken what life she had left and ruined it. We, all the kids, stood behind her decision and faced the shortening time with her on a daily basis. Let me tell you, that was the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire 49 years of living. I won't go into a lot of details but you never know how strong you are until you ave had to do something like that. For a long time I was unable to have milkshakes because near the end, that was all she would eat or drink. But, I have recently come to terms, sort of, and had a strawberry milkshake the other day. Guess you could say it was in her honor and it was OK that time. Next time, who knows. Say a prayer for my brothers and sisters today. They are there and I am here. They will need it more than I will because they will go to the cemetary this afternoon. If prayers aren't your thing, then maybe you could just light a candle for her or for them. It is the thought that counts and my mom loved scented candles. She burned them all the time, until she had to be put on oxygen, then she couldn't. But, that is enough for now. I'll talk about my mom some other day.

I have a request, I am collecting letters from people for a project. The letters are from daughters to mothers. I have asked my daughters, my sisters and my friends for letters, so far, I only have mine. The letters should be ones filled with the mutual respect and love that daughters have for thier mothers and vice versa. I do not want letters of anger or disrespect. If you are interested in submitting a letter, please leave me a message, I will get back in touch with you. You may sign the letter with your name, your state or anonymously, but I will need a valid email or address as proof that I did not write them myself. If you would like my personal email to send them to, I will give it to you or if you prefer, you can mail them to me. I am in the process of acquiring a p.o. box for this purpose. I hope to have it by next weekend. If you know of anyone that might be interested in submitting a letter, please tell them about this project. Unfortunately, I am unable to compensate anyone for thier letters but I would be very grateful for any that are submitted. Thank you in advance and thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my little piece of the world.
Sincerely,
Gramma 6

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590921-Not-a-good-day