*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590353-Snow-In-June
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#590353 added June 12, 2008 at 5:53pm
Restrictions: None
Snow! In June!
On June 11th: a beautiful view of snow *Snow2* on Mt. Sentinel and the other hills surrounding Missoula Montana! It'll be long gone by the time I get there. *Frown*

From West Broadway, downtown Missoula (live, now green):

http://www.co.missoula.mt.us/webcam/

From U. Montana (may take a minute to load; can control):

http://www.umt.edu/grizcam/

The 'M' was all snow covered when I checked at 15:00 and Sentinel was white more than halfway down. Nice to see the green of the trees, the green of a Montana spring and then a line and white above.

Wish I had a photo.

June 11, 2008: snow over downtown Missoula, Montana

Taken by our one and only Nada *Snow1* how she flew in and out of there so quickly she'll never tell. *Wink*

I'm going back. Took one look at this and I know I'm going soon. If I leave Monday the 16th, I can come back by here the 28th to wrap things up; if I leave Monday the 23rd, I might not have to ...

The problem then? So much to do and a few things better straightened out before I leave.

I spoke with my Austrian-born friend Liliane today. Her cousin Eva works at the gift shop at the airport in Missoula! When I visit, I can ask her if they serve "Kaffee mit Schlag obers" just to see the look on her face. *Smirk* Part of the family will be gathered in Missoula on the 4th, but Liliane is having surgery and cannot go. *Frown* It would be hoot to sit down with her and Eva at one of the local coffeehouses. She was in Vienna in April, but said she takes her coffee black and the rest of her family likes it the Italian way 'latte'. *Rolleyes*

So ... ... *Delight*

Montana: 44 degrees and rainy. ** Image ID #1411977 Unavailable ** Here? 85 and sunny.
5612

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590353-Snow-In-June