*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590212-October-24th
by Seska
Rated: 13+ · Book · LGBTQ+ · #1423302
Myra falls for the married Dana. But something is horribly wrong in Dana's life.
#590212 added June 11, 2008 at 7:08am
Restrictions: None
October 24th
                                                                                                                   October, 24th,  2007



Dear Lucy!


Guess what?!?! I've talked to Dana today. That wouldn't be such a strange thing, by itself. But, she had a little surprise for me.
I went to see her just before lunch break. Dana was in a very good mood today. Just like yesterday. By the way, nothing fancy happened yesterday, that's why I didn't write to you.
Anyway, back to today's events:
As soon as I had taken a seat at her desk, just opposite of her, she blurted out:
“Guess what???”

“What?”

“How about we do that celebration dinner on Friday evening?” She smiled all over her face like a proud child. Her eyes, normally watching me so calmly, were shining with excitement.

“Friday? Did you ask Frank?” I was surprised. Two days ago she had told me that it about never would happen that we could go out together. Today it suddenly works?? What the...??

Dana waved my question off with a quick gesture..
“No, no. Of course I didn't.” she stopped, thought for a moment and then continued. “I didn't ask him. But he's going onto a business trip from Friday until Sunday morning.”
Dana leaned further over her desk as if she wanted to tell me about a conspiracy. “Aaaand, Tess is staying with her grandparents for the weekend.”

She laughed and then leaned back in her chair. Folding her hands over her stomach she looked very satisfied with herself.

I had to grin at that.
“Run of the house?”

Dana winked at me.
“You could say that. So, I thought it might be a good opportunity for us to do that dinner we wanted to do.”

“Sneak out of your house, through the bedroom window and over the roof? So we can go to the school party?”
The picture of Dana crawling over a roof came to my mind and I had to bite my tongue not to laugh.

Somehow, though, there is nothing funny about this situation. It really felt as if we were planing a forbidden date or something. As if she wanted to cheat on her husband and that I was a part of that.
That made me feel very uneasy. Why would I be feeling that way? I mean, there is nothing forbidden about going out with a friend. We are grown ups and not teens anymore. For god's sake!

Why didn't she want to tell her husband? He wouldn't be able to say anything against her going out this time, right? I mean, if he's not at home and Tessa isn't either, then why should Dana be forced to stay at home?

“I think, I'm going to leave the house through the door.”
Dana's voice pulled me out of my musing.

“Are you going to tell Frank?”
I couldn't let that go. Not, that it's my problem, but still. I was never someone for secrecies. And I'm sure not going to start now.

Dana suddenly avoided my eyes. The smile faded from her face and she started playing with a pen nervously.
“No, I don't think I will.”

“Why not?”
I leaned forward in my chair and talked as softly as I could. Now that I had started it, I didn't want to just drop the subject.

Still Dana wasn't looking at me. She tapped the pen on the table. It made a “clack” “clack” noise that started to make me feel really unnerved immediately. I held my breath as I was waiting for an answer.

“Because he doesn't need to know.”
Dana stated flatly and looked at me. Her eyes caught mine. I frowned at the distant look on her face.

“Don't you think he should know? I mean, it's not my business, but...he's your husband. Won't he ask what you did on the weekend?”

Dana kept staring at me. I saw she was hearing my words and that she was thinking about them. But there wasn't any reaction coming.

“And, not that he wonders if you're cheating on him because you didn't say you were going out!” I joked and smirked at Dana. I wanted to lighten the situation.

“I would never do that. Never.” Dana said with force.

“I know, I know.” I was surprised at the sudden seriousness in her voice. I had only played after all. “I was just...:”

She fell into my words, after sighing silently.
“I will maybe tell him, okay?” A small smile returned to her face.

“Okay. That's fine with me.” I nodded and smiled as well. Then I leaned back in the chair again.
“So, where do you want to go?”

Dana dropped the pen back onto her desk.
“I know a very nice place. You won't be disappointed.” She grinned, then raised her brows at me. “If you're in for that?”

“Of course I am. I won't let a chance like that pass me.” I smirked at Dana. Maybe that was a bit flirty, but Dana didn't seem to care. She smiled and reached out her hand towards me.

“Then it's settled? I pick you up at 7 p.m.? I have to drop Tess off at  her grandparents first.”

I took Dana's hand and squeezed it gently.
“It's settled. And, I hope you don't promise too much.” I felt myself blush as I realised how that had sounded. That's why I let go of Dana's hand, got up and quickly added: “...about that restaurant.”

Dana laughed and shook her head.
“I never promise something I can't keep.”

“We'll see about that...” I grinned at her as I left her office. She was yet again shaking her head with laughter.


I can't wait for Friday. It's going to be so much fun. And I will try to make it especially good for Dana. If this one of the rare times that she will be able to go out with a friend, it should be a special night. I know, we're going out to dinner because of my success. That doesn't mean it can't be great for Dana as well, right?

It's so weird that she now will be able to come. One day it's a 'No! Never!', the next we have a dinner planed. Not that I'm complaining. I'm able to cope with the situation. I just really hope that she will tell her husband. And that nothing comes up to ruin the whole thing.

I'm going to keep you informed....

Take care!

Yours,

                          Myra
© Copyright 2008 Seska (UN: seska at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seska has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590212-October-24th