*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590144-The-Bottom-Five
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#590144 added June 10, 2008 at 8:18pm
Restrictions: None
The Bottom Five
As regular readers know, I am inclined to indulge in Liquid Fuck-it from time to time, sometimes even to excess, much to the horror of the modern-day prohibitionists and health nuts (amounts to the same thing, really).

But, however, and nevertheless, far be it from me to lower myself to...

Nectar of the Broke: The World's 5 Worst Ways To Get Drunk

Getting drunk on a tight budget is practically a rite of passage. Just about all of us have some tale to tell about nights spent getting shitfaced on Olde English 800 or some equally putrid swill.

But party all the time as we might, it's doubtful any of us have stories that involve being so broke, we had to resort to throwing down any of this. If we had, we'd likely not have lived to talk about it.


http://www.cracked.com/article_16314_nectar-broke-worlds-5-worst-ways-get-drunk....

Oh, and by the way, if you've ever indulged in a manner that could be considered somehow "worse" than any of these... please, by all means, share. I won't believe you, but go ahead.

Just last September in the Pakistani city of Karachi, 22 men died after drinking tharra from an illegal brewery run by a police constable. And why were they drinking tharra when regular old alcohol is plenty legal in Pakistan? For the same reason any of us would have. It was the middle of the holy month of Ramadan and the liquor stores were closed.

...

For all of you who still think communism is evil, hear this. During the reign of communism in the Soviet Union, alcohol was one of the few things people could afford. In present day Russia, steep excise duties have put alcohol out of the price range for many working-class stiffs.

...

Thunderbird is far and away the most normal drink on this list. It's perfectly legal to buy and finding it is as easy as following the trail of broken souls to your nearest crime-ridden neighborhood liquor store.

...

Well, now, if these aren't buzzkillers, I don't know what is.

Oh, yeah, the prospect of another eight years of Republican domination of the Executive Branch.

Dammit, now I need a drink.

© Copyright 2008 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590144-The-Bottom-Five