*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/589583-Hallmark-move-over-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#589583 added June 7, 2008 at 7:35pm
Restrictions: None
Hallmark move over ...
Hallmark move over *Laugh*:

Green eyes, brown eyes, black eyes, blue.
Two eyes looking up at you,
saying: Dad, I'm just like you.
You have two eyes too!

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.103a] 2008-06-04

It's untitled because I'm not sure of one yet. It's part of my "Mack Spike Family Productions". I want to do a crayon drawn postcard (daddy with grey streaked spiked hair with kid in spiked hair; just hair and eyes) and send it to a friend (and have enough copies to send to my brother-in-law and others) for Father's Day.

I think I could make a "line" of short silly poems for postcard occasions! Hallmark is located in this town. Will they be able to handle the competition?

Editing? I'm not sure whether I or You works best in the last line. I'm not 100% sure of the rhythm either, but I don't have too much time to fret. It needs to be 'done' and in the mail by Wednesday. *Smile* Father's Day will not be rescheduled just pour moi.

So where did the idea come from? 1. I've done Father's Day poems for a friend since he became a father in 2002. 2. Ted Kooser, former Poet Laureate did Valentine Day poems for over 20 years (they can be found in a collection). He sent 25 the first year and 2,500 the last (2007) as it was becoming too expensive to maintain. 3. I've done some postcards in the past and think this will work!

Hope that it does. *Smile*

ME:

Yesterday I got my i.d. and applied for a passport.

Today I found my rebate coupon for my phone and mailed it in. Took hours to find the receipt. Took more time to find a stamp. My room is chaos and still in boxes. That will be sorted out soon I hope.

I went to Verizon today and straightened out my Broadband connection. That has bothered me for a week.

So ... I've dealt with some stress and I'm still here. *Smile* Last night though ... so tired ... went to bed before 10 p.m.

BLOGVILLE:

I've finally straightened my Verizon Broadband. It was the Novatel device. Luis and Eddie figured it out. The Verizon folks here in this town are very helpful. Customer service does count for something!

So ... I haven't been reading everyone's blog as much as usual. Maybe being back on line will help. Of course, I have lots of repacking to do, but in the end it may come down to segregating what is essential from what is important from what is neither (and just leaving that behind). Montana is over 1,500 miles away and storage isn't cheap.

And this has what to do with Blogville? As I've said a few times recently, I may not have the spare time to be as active as I'd like to be. I'll hopefully keep up short entries as I have poems that need to be edited and posted and it is the regularity that counts when life is a bit bumpy.

So I apologize in advance for my bumps. *Bigsmile*

Kansas: 85 degrees and pleasant. ** Image ID #1295354 Unavailable **
5472

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/589583-Hallmark-move-over-