*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/589130-the-adventure-of-moleskine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1372191
Ohhhhhhhh.
#589130 added June 5, 2008 at 1:22am
Restrictions: None
the adventure of moleskine
I sent someone a Moleskine notebook once.

I promised the same someone something major in the event of a Follow the Leader win.

Speaking of which, I think there are still a few spaces left.

 Follow the Leader  (13+)
Round 12 open for sign-ups!
#1378797 by mood indigo


*

1. What page are you on in the book you're reading right now?
Eternally stuck on page sixty of Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. Not enjoying it so much, but, I promised Justin.

2. What's the last CD you listened to?
Literally, CD? I guess probably John Lennon's Imagine, in my car back home. Just this morning, though, I learned how to use the Bose iPod dock in the bedroom of this apartment! Yay.

3. Where is the last place you had sex?
On Justin's desk.

4. Do you have a backyard?
My parents do.

5. If yes, what's in your garden?
My mom grows a bunch of strange, weedy-looking plants she claims are very classy and feng shui. She also has daffodils that bloom for about twenty minutes each March. If it were me, I'd grow tulips.

6. Do you still live with your parents?
No.

7. What website do you visit most often?
Tie: writing.com pittwatch.com, cracked.com, washingtonpost.com, stuffblackpeoplehate.com, celebritybabies.typepad.com.

8. Are your nails painted?
My toenails are. I guess I ought to look into some sort of manicure.

9. What are you listening to right now?
My eyes occasionally flick up to the TV screen, but mostly I'm just enjoying the Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End score.

10. Do you ever miss high school?
I guess occasionally I wish I had it to do over, but, not really; it was terrible.

11. What's the best party you've ever been to?
Most eventful was the thing at The Big Hunt after the last day of finals.

12. Where were you the last time you rode an elevator?
Today I toured the campus of the University of California at Berkeley with a bunch of eighth-graders, and we rode an elevator up eighteen stories to the top of the historic bell tower. The Berkeley hills are just beautiful.

13. Are you in love?
God, who knows.

14. What have you done lately that you're proud of?
I didn't complain at all about the mostly uphill walk across Cal, figuring I needed to set a good example for the kids. My feet killed, though.

15. What did you do today?
See above: I got to sleep in, rode with my boss to Cal to meet forty-five eighth graders and their school leaders for a walking tour of the campus, accompanied said kids on said walking tour, answering their questions about college and law school along the way. I was truly impressed by how inquisitive and well-behaved they were, how easygoing, compared to the obnoxious privileged brats I'm used to working with. These are supposed to be at-risk kids, the discipline problems who grew up in hellhole neighborhoods around Boston, and they're absolutely fantastic. After I was done with them, my boss dropped me off in South Berkeley, where I promptly got lost, ate Indian food and bummed a ride home from a tow truck driver named Frank.

16. What did you do yesterday?
Walked to the train station, walked to the office, reviewed tax exemption forms and charter contracts up for renewal, walked to the train station, walked home, emailed Justin, watched LIttle Miss Sunshine, fell asleep.

17. What will you do tomorrow?
Work, book my flight reservations to Philadelphia and come home. Also, I think I want to check out the card club across the street, and I'll probably need more groceries by then, too. How long does white bread stay edible without being opened?

18. How many hours of sleep did you get last night?
Sleep here is a joke. I woke up at four in the morning stretched out all diagonally, thought I heard noises in the kitchen, freaked out and pulled the covers over my head. I didn't fall asleep again till almost six.

19. Do you think it's kind of gross when surveys ask questions about your period?
Uninteresting, but not gross.

20. Do you have any gay tendencies?
I guess so. I get lots of crushes on women, and sometimes I check out their cleavage.

21. What's the last concert you went to?
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. Eh.

22. Do you like Skittles?
Only the purple and green ones.

23. How loud do you play your music?
I don't. I think it's truly obnoxious when people play their music loudly enough for other people to hear it against their will. I also find really loud noises generally unpleasant, so I can't figure out why anyone would want their music up that high.

24. Do you like to dance?
Yes, but I'll only do it publicly when I'm drunk.

25. What color are the pants you're wearing?
Blue, like all pants.

© Copyright 2008 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/589130-the-adventure-of-moleskine