*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/589050-Zmitrium-oxide
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#589050 added June 4, 2008 at 5:37pm
Restrictions: None
Zmitrium oxide
Zmitrium oxide

And here you hide
behind your rust
the slow corrosion staining
all you touch.
Your death streaks ochre tears.

I thought of you as golden lust,
pure, flexible, yet only holding to yourself.
You've found another lover
(was I ever good enough?)
and now embrace
her corrosive kiss.
Your face flakes off
in rainbow colored dust
to wash away beneath these common rocks.

O Zmitri, friable friend,
I'd fling your essence to the furnace of the sun,
eluviate with flux,
remove the dross,
leaving just the golden purity
of what once was.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.79] 2008-05-25

ME:

I made it home before the storms last night. Bad storms southeast of us put on quite the show and sprinkled us for a moment or two.

Called a friend this morning and he answered the phone! Unfortunately, I wasn't exactly awake and was surprised when he answered (I usually get the machine). *Rolleyes* Why can't everyone just be available at 2 a.m. when I'm awake. *Laugh*

Watched most of the movie "Butterfield 8". Must finish tonight.

Today, I got to the university. Read a book of valentines that poet Ted Kooser sent out yearly. Got some ideas ... Then ate my unagi, so I'm happy.

WRITING:

Have a lot of editing to do. I'm up to #103 for the year, so not too far behind. Must catch up on entering here: "Poetic journal Year 165 B.E. before I don't have extra time due to moving and everything that must be done before then.

Kansas: 87º and sunny after nighttime storms. ** Image ID #1329288 Unavailable **
5393

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/589050-Zmitrium-oxide