*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588831-the-old-man-and-the-young-lady
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#588831 added June 3, 2008 at 1:47pm
Restrictions: None
the old man and the young lady
I can't believe how young these guys looked back then as compared to now...I heard this while I was in the shower and I forgot how much I loved this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lln5i1N3J8g

DAD
So Paw Duke stopped by bright and, well, his pretty normally stoic and well-medicated self. Dropped off a few things and we're gonna give it another shot with the table I'm giving him.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, lemme catch ya up: My dad and stepmom visited Splitsville back in January. After living with my aunt and uncle for a few weeks, dad found his own place. At the same time, my best friend was giving up his apartment to move in with his girlfriend and had some furniture he didn't need. Some I took, some I'm storing and some I gave to my dad. It all worked out well.

I would up with a spare table. I don't really even know what to call it...it's bigger than an end table but smaller than a coffee table, has storage space and measures 16"x18"x30". The plan was to give it to my dad. Today was the 3rd attempt since prolly March that we've been trying to do this pawning off of the furniture.

The common sense, as I've stated before, has been left off the family tree for quite a few generations it seems.

The first failed attempt was in my dad's old car, a Kia Sephia, and I saw that one coming. Then we tried getting it in my aunt's slightly bigger-but-not-by-much Chevy Cavalier. Today dad rolls up in his new car...which I must say is probably the nicest car he's ever owned, a 2005 Chevy Malibu.

I'll admit I was actually a little hopeful when he opened the trunk. I really thought we were gonna be able to smash it in there somehow. I'm not even mad about it. It was about an inch too big to fit.

At this point of the story it is my duty to add that my dad lives around the corner from my aunt and uncle...who own a pickup truck and a Ford Explorer. *Angry* That's the part that really pulls my short hairs. At this point I may as well stick a fucking lamp on it and reintegrate it with the rest of my furniture.

CWC
Nothing new to report today. Said hi but she looked busy and not too chatty, plus I was still a little miffed about the whole table fiasco.

Before I make my next move, I have to be one hundred percent times two that I'm confident this is what I want to do. You don't just date a mom and expect the kid to disappear, no matter how old the kid is. Even if I don't meet him until we've gotten serious. I have to take all this into consideration; is this what I want? Is this going to be what's best for everyone? Am I ready to welcome not one, but two people into my life? With one I was pretty sure, but two?

I'm glad I'm asking myself these questions now rather than trying to answer them later, head-on and treading water. Having dated a woman with kids before, I have a pretty good idea what to expect. As the significant other, you're still significant but to a lesser degree. I found that difficult to adjust to at first. I think since CWC's son is older, it won't be such an adjustment. One 12 year old has a lot more independence than a 4 and 6 year old. Gotta think it through. And come up with an answer. Soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6UXqjYzrOI

Blew way past 2k overnight...thanks! *Wink*

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588831-the-old-man-and-the-young-lady