*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588047-No-new-news-on-the-homefront
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#588047 added May 30, 2008 at 10:48am
Restrictions: None
No new news on the homefront
Well, there really isn't anything new going on around the house these days. I talked to my oldest daughter the other day and they are having a really rough time. They ended up in the hole with the bank. Her husbands check was direct deposited and they are still in the hole. That really sucks too, because everyday that they owe the bank money, a fee is added and the amount gets higher.What messed them up was the holiday, I think. On top of that, her husbands baby momma wants to come visit so he can see the baby.That's major baby momma drama right there. Sure wish that I could do something to help my daughter with her dilemma. I have not been in that situation and really have no advice that is worthy to give her, except to stay calm and rational when she talks to the internet fling that caused the baby momma drama in the first place. Just to add some more excitement to the mix, her husband was diagnosed witih severe manic depression/ bi-polar disorder and he is continually threatening suicide when things don't go his way. The house that they are renting is about $1000.00 a month, then add the light bill(all electric) , phone bill, cable bill, and then groceries, then gas for the car and you can see how much they are struggling. My daughter was working, part-time and her husband has a full-time job. But, he spends money like he has a lot of it and he doesn't. He makes enough to pay the rent, buy the groceries and pay some of the bills. The little bit of money my daughter makes, covers the rest and there is a little extra left over for the kids to have a little spending money for the movies, skating etc. It would be so much easier if I had the money to buy everybody thier own house, wherever they wanted to live. I keep hoping and buying lottery tickets. I know, the possibility of winning is miniscule, but, I keep hoping and playing. Maybe one day really soon, i'll atleast get enough money to move back home.
My husband is probably going to Texas in the next couple of weeks to check out the job market. I don't know if I will go with him or if he is going by himself on the bus. If he is going on the bus, then I need to reserve the ticket now, so it will be about $100 cheaper for the round trip than if he bought the ticket at the desk on the day he decided to go. As for the latest on the home front, I have a broken shock on the truck. Yes, it is BROKE! When I say broke, I mean BROKE! It isn't even connected to the part that it is supposed to be connected to and it looks like a piece is missing. My son is going to replace them this weekend. You have to replace both of them, not just the one that is broke. Hopefully, he will be able to do it today but most likely, it will be tomorrow. As for the one dog that I have left, he seems to be getting a little better. Atleast he is eating a little more and drinking a little more than he was for the first week after the momma dog died. I really don't think that I could handle losing all of the dogs so close together. But, for now, he is still here and getting special attention these days. The cats are a different story. My husband is ready to get rid of the 2 young ones. They are about a year old, give or take 3 months, and they climb on everything. They have already broken the handle off of my electric skillet because they knocked it off of the top of the fridge, 3 times. It is not repairable anymore. Now, they are starting to climb on his precious collector cars. Because they are climbing on his things and might break them, he wants to get rid of them. I don't. So, there is the brewing arguement between us. Hopefully it will not get to that point. I hate arguing! Anyway, enough for now. Till next time, BYE!

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588047-No-new-news-on-the-homefront