*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588003-Black-mountain-widow
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#588003 added May 30, 2008 at 1:43am
Restrictions: None
Black mountain widow
Black mountain widow

Like a widow, black and veiled,
she looms above her erstwhile mate.
He approaches her by moonlit paths,
strokes her shadows, climbs her folds.
Enveloped by mysterious veins
of mountain gold, he holds her fast.

In Winter of Aught-four,
she sensed his now emboldened touch,
by Fifty-two, she gasped a gassy belch,
in Eighty-six she erupted in a froth of spume.
Orgasmic ash flash-buried flesh and bones,
our ancestors that we now exhume.

Hot viscous flows soon slowed and cooled
to glass, impervious dark rock, that we now crack
unaware she's lying there beneath black veils,
lusting to be touched again, released.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.86] 2008-05-27

Please don't read anything into this one! I was thinking about a black widow spider, O'Keeffe's dark mountain place, volcanics. This is what happens when the mind's warped. I just go with the flow. Easier that way and more creative. *Laugh*

IMAGINE:


Waiting at the bus stop: heat of sun thru glass, warm waft of air, white cotton puffs, blue haze, feathered fronds of locust waving, grass bending before a breeze, the brakes of the bus, its engine idling as it turns.

ME:

Okay. Ate half of my liver and onions today by 2, the other half at 5. I'm better off with smaller portions, so I get a small box and divide (when I remember).

No progress on anything in my personal life; although, LeNiece did some checking for me to allay my fears about getting a new license.

Got my Kansas "food tax rebate". The $78 will buy some milk, I guess.

WATT'S GNUS:


Westar is increasing utilities by 15%. Gas is very close to $4/gallon. Rent is going up $20/month. General Assistance, Food Stamps, SSI, SSDI checks will not increase any time soon. Tuition is slated to go up at K.U. The city is considering doing away with the public bus system.

New York Gov. Patterson has advised state offices to accept marriage licenses from other states and foreign governments. This means that same-sex marriages will be recognized statewide. New Yorkers need not wait until June 17th to go to California. Ontario and Quebec are very nice this time of year and much closer. There will be opposition, but the Assembly already voted support for gay marriages earlier, even though the Senate doesn't want to talk about it. Can you tell it is an election year?

Tropical Storm Alma (Spanish for 'soul') will bring torrential rains to Nicaragua and north. She could end up spinning into the Gulf.

Kansas: Calm at 00:00 and a sticky 72º; bad storms missing us (N KS, NE, IA). ** Image ID #1295354 Unavailable **
5220

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588003-Black-mountain-widow