*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587775-Do-I-look-different-to-you
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#587775 added May 28, 2008 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
Do I look different to you?
Well, do I? Look closely. Notice the changes?

No? I gotta spell it out for you?

Fine!

I began the "Invalid Item on a whim. I searched for motivation to write, but seemed out of ideas. This contest was the perfect opportunity. Since I signed up late, I didn't expect to be an official participant. Still, because I wanted to write something I wrote entries based on the challenges anyway.

The next day, one of the participants dropped out and earlybird kindly added me to the list for Round 1.

I enjoyed the contest, but was also challenged by it. It's sometimes difficult to look deep within myself, but even more to accurately describe what goes on in the mush pit I call a brain that others will understand.

Did I expect to do well? Sure.

Did I expect to win anything?

Nope. I did this for me, to get me back in the groove of writing every day.

That made receiving this Merit Badge:

Merit Badge in Journaling
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations for participating and completing the  [Link To Item #1405205] . May this challenge inspires you to write on! -earl-

pretty darned surprising.

But the surprising didn't end there.

I won first place in the contest and as a prize also received the loverly red ribbon now adorning my blog.

I'm almost speechless, because I read many of the entries of the other participants. Theirs were thought-provoking and excellent writing overall. I honestly didn't think my entries were on par with theirs, let alone take first place.

But I certainly won't be giving back the prizes *Bigsmile*.

And now for my acceptance speech:

Thank you earlybird for starting the contest. I have indeed been inspired, and you've relit the writing bug within.

I also want to thank karabu, because if she hadn't mentioned the contest in her blog, I never would have known about it.

And you, Dear Reader. Without you reading and taking the time to comment, I would not be so motivated to continue.

Self-patting on the back now done. Good thing, too. I almost dislocated my elbow.

© Copyright 2008 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587775-Do-I-look-different-to-you