*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587376-Chapter-37
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587376 added May 26, 2008 at 8:23pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 37
Chapter 37


Shoving the last bit of hotdog into her mouth, Savanna spotted two men dashing toward the Circle Line train. It shouldn't have grabbed her like it did--people run through the station all the time--but they were carrying black bags.
         Then it hit her.
         It's them!
         She swallowed the hotdog in one gulp and took off like a track star to the sound of gunfire.
         The men gained on the train quickly. It was preparing to leave.
         She ran toward the door closest the front of the train. She couldn't allow herself to be noticed.
         The men leapt into the rear door. She heard the hydraulics release. The doors were closing. Her heart raced. Her breathing, so heavy her throat hurt. She could feel her thighs burning.
         Just a few feet more.
         The doors began to close. NO!
         People jumped out of her way.
         She threw her hands out and slammed into the train's inner wall. The stress was far too much. She didn't want to do what she knew she had to.
         She fell to the floor and burst into tears.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587376-Chapter-37