*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586618-Klondike-is-lonely
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#586618 added May 22, 2008 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
Klondike is lonely
As I said in my last entry, our dog,Gizmo, passed away this past Sunday. We have one dog left and his name is Klondike. He looks like a white pomeranian, only bigger, but, not as big as a husky. When Gizmo had her one and only litter of puppies, Klondike was the first born. He looked just like the Klondike icecream bear, thus the name, Klondike. Then she had 2 more puppies, they looked just like pomeranians. Same color and everything, just a little bigger. Then she had her last puppy and he was the runt. His full name was Cry baby Bear. He was black and brown and looked just like a bear, except he was very whiney. That is how he got his name. Klondike lost his brother last year on July 5th. He had a grand mal seizure and it won this time. Last Sunday, Klondike lost his mother. So, now he is all alone in the house that he was born in about 13 years ago. He has never been alone and I am sure he is very depressed and very lonely. I don't know how to help him through this. I have been paying special attention to him, making sure that he eats and drinks water, petting him and talking to him, but it doesn't seem to be helping him very much. On top of being alone now, he is also blind. He lost his sight, due to cataracts that matured to quickly, almost 2 years ago. He has adapted very well to not having any sight, as long as we don't move the furniture around. Now that he has no one to follow in the back yard, I'm going to have to buy a tie out for him. The kind that you hang up high with another leash attached to it, so he can go outside and not get lost in the backyard. He gets turned around and then confused, then he panicks. If he panicks, he will get hurt and I don't want that to happen. Especially now. I think that if he got injured right now, he would just give up his will to live. I don't think I could handle losing another pet so soon. The first one was hard enough and the second was harder because she was the first one to be here, in this house. It is amazing how attached you get to your pets. They really do become a family member. I miss my dogs very much.

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586618-Klondike-is-lonely