*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585808-Sad-sad-days
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#585808 added May 19, 2008 at 9:18am
Restrictions: None
Sad sad days
Well, yesterday was a very sad day indeed. My girl dog, Gizmo, died at about 10:30 in the morning. It was so very sad and I cried all day. My kids came over and we had a funeral for her in the backyard. She is buried between her cat, Rascal and her son, Bear. We lost Rascal a few years ago, from an anurism in her brain. We lost Bear last year. He had epilepsy and it was a grand mal seizure that took him away from us. As for Gizmo, she was old and had a good life with us and we loved her very much. She did not make it to the vet for the final decision of whether or not she could survive surgery. But, my daughter talked to the vet about her and the vet told her that from the symptoms that she was having and her age, our only option would have been to have her put down. But, Gizmo took that decision away from us. Guess that was her final gift of unconditional love for us. For that final gift, I say Thank you Gizmo and I'm sorry that I couldn't have saved you. I will miss you for many years to come and think of you every night before I go to bed because I will not be able to tell you, Come on Gizmo, let's go to bed. She is the only one of the dogs that was allowed to sleep in our room. Actually, it was her room before it was ours, so, I guess we were the privileged ones, since we were allowed to sleep in her room with her. It used to be my daughter's room and Gizmo slept with her. Then when she moved out, we moved into that room and shared it with Gizmo. I will miss her sleeping on my feet in the winter and by my side the rest of the time. I hope that she knows how much she was loved and how much she will be missed.
LOVE YOU GIZMO!!!!

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585808-Sad-sad-days