*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584595-Gratitude-the-poem
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#584595 added May 11, 2008 at 9:17pm
Restrictions: None
Gratitude (the poem)
A tritina:

Gratitude

There were turtles basking in the sun,
willows lifting arms in gratitude,
yellow lilies showing off their buds.

There the duckweed swam among the buds
while dark spots bloomed before the sun.
There we kissed, made love, with gratitude.

Remember now our gratitude:
praise the silent sleep of frozen buds;
pray that clouds will part, reveal the sun.

Sun that thaws our frozen flesh then buds
with gratitude.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.55] 2008-05-06

ME:


Went to the path in Naismith Valley that follows the creek. Stopped at the store for coffee (Folger's instant) and sauntered back.

Called my aunt. Managed to get the computer on-line. I'm sitting here with the window open so I can have some air. When I get done with this entry, I'll take another walk.

WATT'S GNUS:

Hockey season continues. Go Penguins! There are international matches going on in Quebec and Nova Scotia (Canada) as well. How far can Switzerland go? They upset Sweden, one of the favorites earlier this week.

WRITING:

The Neverending Poem is an excellent campfire, but I skipped my turn. I was given the line "now I am a mother without a child". I just couldn't work with it. Anything I could come up with was sappy. Some lines (fortunately few) just don't work for me.

IMAGINE:

Naismith Valley: Maple helicopters ripening; a white butterfly landing on the white blossoms of star-of-bethlehem; grass reflected in a vernal mere; a clump of white violets; white bush-honeysuckle; green, green, green ... under a canopy of blue.

BLOGVILLE:

Well ... over 4,600 views and stuck at #202 on the blog list! Remember when 5k would launch a blog into the top 50? That was then; this is now. Also, not as many views from the public as before ... subject matter maybe? Or the way blogs are googled? On site, there is little I can do to increase my audience. I truly want an audience. I still read other blogs and almost always comment. I try to keep up on favorites while reading newbies (or new to me).

I've even taken to answering the comments made. I hope this type of interaction has helped. It is work to write a good blog, work to maintain it. Time consuming for a slow typer and reader.

And what IS a good blog? There are many types. Some work better than others and some folks here are just darn good writers! *Bigsmile*

This is where I'd rather be ... without the snow:



Kansas: 63º, brilliant blue and sunny. ** Image ID #1329288 Unavailable **
4654

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584595-Gratitude-the-poem