*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584377-Cock-and-balls
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#584377 added May 13, 2008 at 3:03am
Restrictions: None
Cock and balls
Cock and balls

It's a story of cock and balls, a tale of watercolors blue and red running from sweaty wet release. The paper stains. We strain our eyes looking for some other explanation. Another way to see the strokes. But wait ... up close, it's always a story of cock and balls. Any gal can tell ya.

         up close
         cock and balls
         blue sweat

© Kåre Enga 2008 [165.61] 2008-05-10

Inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe's Portrait - W - No. III (1917):

http://books.google.com/books?id=k5cCGYAmYYwC&pg=PA116&lpg=PA116&dq=%22Portrait+...

It is impossible to find this on line! I have it in a book of postcards, but how prudish can the internet be? Certainly NOT, considering MyFace and GlueTube.

The article talks about O'Keeffe's nudes. In this watercolor she gets up close ... real close . *Blush*

The first time I saw it, I wasn't quite sure ... did she ... could she ... yep, she could and did.

Edit: Yikes! zwisis just found it in blazing color:
http://www.artst.org/okeefe/1917+-+Portrait+no+III.jpg

When we do our art, do we look up close? Do we see beyond what our eyes tell us, beyond the veils of our culture and society?


ME:


Grumpy. Had problem with wireless and broadband connections. Not happy. But since I am often unhappy ... no prob. *Laugh*

WATT'S GNUS:

For those of you fortunate to have a mother, note that tomorrow is the 100th anniversary of its beginnings in West Virginia. In 1914 President Wilson made it officially the 2nd Sunday of May in the U.S.A.

Many cultures celebrate motherhood of course. If you are from elsewhere ... when and how?

My mother's day is always the 7th of May. It's HER day. *Bigsmile* She turned 86 this year.

To those of you who are mother's I send my regards.

And I encourage everyone to remember those mothers whose children won't remember. And those whose children may not even know they have a mother. And those who lost their mother this last year.

There are many here at WDC for whom Mother's Day is painful.

WRITING:

Can't turn the darn spigot off. I did manage to organize a 'book' where I can enter everything I give a catalogue number to. I have most entered since the beginning of this year on March 20th. I'm up to 62 sketches. Just a bit behind my yearly goal.

Kansas: 59º, grey and chilly. ** Image ID #1295354 Unavailable ** .
4626

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584377-Cock-and-balls