*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584081-A-postcard-to-a-friend-Names-and-respect
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#584081 added May 9, 2008 at 5:07pm
Restrictions: None
A postcard to a friend. Names and respect.
Edited from a postcard I'm sending to a friend:

I don't know these folks, but the dog barked your name, so maybe you do? Anywho, they look the perfect couple (both resemble someone in my family) How's yours? Hope the kids aren't thinning out your hair; hope your many bosses aren't barking out your name. I mean, it's okay coming from a dog ... but from some grey-haired fart? (Yes, I resemble that remark) I mean ... wouldn't you rather marry a dog? Hope you're doing fair, Gare. I'll send photos of the honeymoon.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.58] 2008-05-08

Based on this postcard photo:

http://www.stellamarrs.com/catalog/detail.php?product_id=169&type=category&cat=7...

More at:

http://www.StellaMarrs.com

ME:


Is picking up someone's cellphone and making calls "stealing". If you think so please call Chante and tell her that she should've called Verizon, could've called a friend of mine and given back my phone. Afterall, I'm out $200 and dear Chante? Some might call you a thief!

WATT'S GNUS:

Watt's in a name? If it is yours ... a lot. I spoke to Young Han on Tuesday, making sure I got his name right. Why? Well, it is his name. It has Korean roots, he explained. I didn't want to insult a 19 year old student who is an ab-fab brilliant storyteller. He is stellar! You'll hear of him within 5-10 years; he's that good!

A name is important; it is personal. To be able to spell and pronounce someone's name properly validates their existence and shows respect. And the world can use more of that.

An article on how college commencements approach the task:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080509/ap_on_re_us/commencement_tough_names

WRITING:

Well, the aubade [last entry] went over well! *Bigsmile* One never knows.

Couldn't hear well at the poetry reading tonight, but I penned a poem. I'm giving my aubade and postcard prose "numbers" like my poetry; I think they count as 'writing'. *Smirk*

Kansas: 62º at 1 a.m. and storms to the west headed this way.
4582

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584081-A-postcard-to-a-friend-Names-and-respect