*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583491-Happy-Cinco-de-Mayo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#583491 added May 5, 2008 at 10:50pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Cinco de Mayo
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! Or at least to those of you who celebrate it. I personally don't...but that won't stop me from saying it.

Today we went for our walk earlier in the day. It was 70 degrees here so we thought we would go for a walk in the sunshine. We could smell the flowers and the Cedar trees as we walked. Maybe, I should say "I could smell the flowers and the Cedar trees". That's really something that I can do now that I have quit smoking! I would say that is truly one of the pleasures of quitting.

Mother's Day is creeping up on us. We are still hoping to go over to Moses Lake. Ron's sister Pat still has a bad sinus infection which flared up again on her a few days ago. So we haven't made the trip yet. Hopefully by next week she will give us the "come ahead" word that we are waiting for.
I haven't heard from any of my kids yet as to any plans for Mother's Day that may include me. Last year they all went in together and rented us a motel room at the Day's Inn in Port Orchard. It was great having them all come up to the motel to see me then. Of course they all came bearing gifts. I really don't expect that to happen again this year though.

I will be content with just a phone call.

I'm thinking of maybe going down to take my granddaughter Alex,(who is turning 13 years old) her birthday gift before May 23rd. That is Ron's birthday also! We will be celebrating his birthday when we go to Moses Lake. His sister has his gift waiting for him. I would imagine his Mom will have one too. She always writes out a check for those kind of occasions. Bless her heart.

I already have my Mother's Day gift from Ron. We picked out a bunch of silk flowers at Michaels for the pot that his sis Pat painted us for Christmas last. So by the time we got done with that expense I told him they were my Mother's Day gift from him. He agreed to that.

Here is a picture of the finished look.

We love it!


** Image ID #1422703 Unavailable **














My Bikers Sig gifted to me from Sultry Enchantress

© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583491-Happy-Cinco-de-Mayo