*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582343-Jumping-from-frame-to-frame-Day-of-Beauty-Month-of-Beauty
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#582343 added May 9, 2008 at 5:39pm
Restrictions: None
Jumping from frame to frame. Day of Beauty, Month of Beauty
The Day of Beauty of the Month of Beauty ...

that's what the evening of the 29th through the 30th of April is in the Baha'i calendar. So if today is your birthday, know that you are beautiful. *Heart*

** Image ID #1320348 Unavailable **

Jumping from frame to frame

         at the photograph exhibit

Between snow powdered rolls of hay
going somewhere preordained
I feel enclosed and going someplace
I don't want to go. I leap from frame to frame
and land below a glow of sunflowers
gazing straight though me. I see
a path that's blocked; I spin around
and jump again and fall on soybean fields:
furrowed, cut and baled. I'm fazed
by winding ways. Dizzied, dumbed, dismayed
I flee once more. The winter wheat now waves.
I wail. There is no trail, no clear escape,
no designated way to leave.
Stay here stay here stay here stay here,
the swaying reeds now pray.

© Kåre Enga 2008 [165.51] 2008-04-26

Another inspired by the workshop on Saturday, "Writing the River and the Road".

ME:


Stung by a wasp this evening. Tried to dig around to see if there was a stinger. Finger swelled; now hand is swollen. I can use my middle finger to type though and it isn't so much painful as itchy. I put caladryl lotion on it and soaked hand in cold water.

No more packing tonight.

No further word either on where I'll be come the end of the week. As I just wrote Bugzy, I'll cope.

My sister's husband is ill so she called to say that it would be too stressful for me to visit right now. It would've been nice to do some gardening. *Bigsmile* I could've checked out some apartments Hazel told me about in downtown Seattle too.

No word on other options. I checked out train and bus prices. The bus has gone up significantly. *Frown* The train route from LA to Seattle should be back in normal service by early May though. That's good. Transferring from train to bus and back again isn't my idea of fun. As low as $229 from Kansas next week. Bus wouldn't be much better when it is a last minute decision ($183 to Seattle or Spokane, $167 to Missoula).

Should've put my stuff in storage and gone to a retreat in Rhode Island and figured it all out later. *Rolleyes* Hindsight is great, isn't it? I could still just store stuff and buy a ticket to somewhere ... like MONTANA *Laugh*.

Not doing much writing with all the other stuff to attend to. But, there is always next week!

Peace.

That concludes a 'blue month' of entries. I won't be blogging quite as often this May. I need a break.
4354

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582343-Jumping-from-frame-to-frame-Day-of-Beauty-Month-of-Beauty