*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582339-pay-attention-when-you-shop
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#582339 added May 4, 2008 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
pay attention when you shop
Just got home from the weekly grief group and a quick trip to the grocery, and there are only nine minutes till the witching hour EDT. So that's not much time for a quick entry, and then I'll go put the stuff away.

I love to shop in a place called the Grocery Outlet. It's a chain of stores, but I don't know how extensive, so maybe it's unfamiliar to you. They specialize in typical outlet merchandise: promos, promos nobody wanted, packages that have since been revamped and so have outdated coupons, etc. It's a great place to find name brand cereals with their labels in Sanskrit or who knows what, and a variety of strange things. I love it. I knew I'd find a good buy on canned diced tomatoes, and on milk and English cheese, and also salad makings and limes. Limes are 69cents in the regular stores, and 6/$1 at the Grocery Outlet. They're small, but not that small!

One of the things I've found there is a spray KY lubricant, probably sold in drugstores everywhere. The strange thing about it is its placement. Since there isn't a whole shelf of like items, they always place it near the perfume. Next to it on the shelf were bottles of kiwi cherry flavored scented depilatory for personal hair removal. That's pretty funny in itself, since I've seen hairy kiwis but never...oops, won't go there! *Blush* But think how awful it will be when someone who can't, or doesn't, read the labels gets them mixed up!

*Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh* *Laugh*

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582339-pay-attention-when-you-shop