*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581723-all-round-Saturday
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#581723 added April 26, 2008 at 11:56pm
Restrictions: None
all round Saturday
Okay, so I didn't get up till after 8, so we didn't get an early start to fly to Ritzville for breakfast. But, by the time we fiddled around getting ready, adding some air to the tires and stopping for gas, we did get there in time for an early lunch. It gave my daughter and her family time to drive down there and meet us, and that was great.

They hadn't seen Bill with his Admiral's whiskers, and when they walked into the restaurant they were all laughing. Wish I'd had my camera ready, because they weren't expecting it and they really appeared surprised.

The sky looked very clear, no clouds anyway, but it was actually pretty dusty and gusty, not good enough visibility to take pictures. That's okay. It all looks the same on that route, except for the river, and I've taken lots of pictures on previous trips that direction.

On the way from the airport to home we stopped for a new filter for the fish pond pump, and Bill worked on that this afternoon. The fish all survived the winter with no new progeny this year. It's been too cold for them to surface for food, but I think they'll be happier now with clean water again, not that it seems to bother them before.

While Bill worked on the pump, I planted lettuce and onions, two things I've never tried before. We'll see how they go. There are some zucchini sprouts coming up already in the freshly tilled soil, the little upstarts! I always hate to pull them out, but this year I'm going to be tough. Yeah, right.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581723-all-round-Saturday