*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581088-Allergies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#581088 added April 23, 2008 at 10:30am
Restrictions: None
Allergies
OK, I wake up yesterday morning and it feels like I have someone standing on my chest. I have been coughing my head off and sneezing for days on end. My whole body hurts, like I have exercised too much or like I just moved all the furniture in the house. It seems like the allergies get worse every year. Maybe the pollen and pet dander are just stronger or maybe my immune system is just tired from fighting after living in this house with all of its problems for so long. That's probably the reason I feel like I have been hit by a truck. I would like to go to the doctor and get some antibiotics but I don't have insurance or medicaid/medicare. I don't have an extra arm or leg to give up either. So, I am suffering through it and trying to build up my body to fight on. I have to go buy some orange juice today. Maybe I'll go to a health food store and buy some aloe vera juice. I have been told and I have read about the healthful properties of aloe vera juice. From what I have read, it can't hurt.

My brother called yesterday with news about my favorite aunt's obit. I went to the website and found her guest book and signed it. I haven't seen her for many years, but I still remember the last time that I spent time with her. It was at a family reunion at a little place out in the middle of nowhere. It had an old church and a hall that was like a big barn with tables and chairs. There is obviously some german heritage on my mom's side of the family because there was polka music playing and lots of sausages. Yes, that is a stereo-type statement, but, it is true. All of us kids were running around and playing chase, the grown-ups were dancing and drinking beer and my grandpa was playing the accordian right along with the polka music that was playing. It was great! I remember having a lot of fun that day! I was looking forward to seeing her at the family reunion this year but it is not going to happen now. I will see her in the future though.

That's really all that has been going on these past few days. We are still giving the cat his medicine. The bite wound is almost completely healed now. So, he is going back outside again. But, we are still keeping him in at night. That isn't easy to do considering he is a big orange tomcat. Yes, he has been fixed but he still prefers to be outside at night, even if it rains. He is the only cat I know that will stay out in the rain when he has a safe dry place to be inside. Of course I have the only cat I know that likes to be vacuumed too. All of my animals have quirks or issues as my daughter says. Speaking of my daughter, she had to take my granddaughter to the doctor yesterday. They gave her some antibiotics because her throat is a little red and irritated from her allergies. It's just that time of the year for this family. Sometimes that really sucks royally too. Guess that is all for today. I'm going to mop the house and try to get some of the dog and cat hair into the vacuum.

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581088-Allergies