*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580729-Dont-turn-away
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#580729 added April 21, 2008 at 7:09pm
Restrictions: None
Don't turn away
** Image ID #1320348 Unavailable **

Don't turn away

So many shades of green, a thousand tints of white! You embrace them all, fair Calla, and with a golden gush you turn away to cover your blush. Your tongue remains hidden; your throat rests silent. Each curve defines demure, each line glows soft and silky. Dear heart's caress, your humble hues of white and green become you.

         calla lily
         don't turn away
         pale lady

© Kåre Enga 2008 [165.39] 2008-04-20

Inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe's Calla Lily Turned Away (1923):

http://justinsomnia.org/images/okeeffe_calla_lily_turned_away.jpg

ME:


I had an interesting day.

... well enough about me.

WATT'S GNUS:

Today is the 1st Day of Ridvan for Bahá'ís. Sanae brought 12 red roses to the gathering. Very appropriate as roses were gathered in the garden of Ridvan each day April 21-May 2, 1863 in Baghdad (now Iraq).

The festival is significant because of Bahá'u'lláh's public declaration that he was "Him Whom God shall make manifest" and a Manifestation of God, and thus it forms the beginning of the Bahá'í Faith. ... Furthermore, during Bahá'u'lláh's first day in the garden, he made a further three announcements: (1) abrogating religious war which was permitted in Islam and under certain conditions by the Báb (2) that there would not be another Manifestation of God for another 1000 years (3) that all the names of God were fully manifest in all things.


from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridv%C3%A1n

An in-depth article: http://bahai-library.org/encyclopedia/ridvan.html

WRITING:

I just keep plugging along. I've learned that there are days when inspiration knows and other days that perspiration flows. Both are good in their own way.

IMAGINE:

Sounds of birds I do not know; the twittering of starlings; all colors of the floral rainbow; the heat of the sun (hat season's begun); the lurch of the city bus.

The peony tulips (like this one) are in bloom:



Kansas: 76º and muggy. ** Image ID #1329288 Unavailable ** .
4147

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580729-Dont-turn-away