*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580128-Republic-of-Texas-Fascism-a-rant
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#580128 added April 18, 2008 at 5:22pm
Restrictions: None
Republic of Texas Fascism (a rant)
I AM NOT HAPPY about how Texas is handling the case against the FLDS. I don't care how abusive someone may "think" polygamy is, it isn't any reason to arrest or restrain innocent parents and children based on an anonymous accusation against one person.

What happened to 'family values' or *gasp* habeas corpus? Or taking a deposition before removal and arrest?

Should the Catholic Church be banned because of the priest scandals? Would anyone object if Pope Benedict were to be imprisoned as ransom?

Are gay churches (Metropolitan Church) abusive if there are members less than 18 in attendance? (Do gay or lesbian youth get to complain about the emotional abuse of Church Camps or Boy Scouts in return?)

What about odd rituals and beliefs. Is the Christian Eucharist cannabilistic? How about drowning infants and adults?

Ask Native Americans how their belief systems have been systematically attacked for centuries. Ask how their men-folk were rounded up.

Can ministers preach against the mixing of religions or race? The Apostolic Christians here is Kansas ought to be banned if that is so. And the Orthodox Jews and Orthodox Christians should be scared.

Can folks safely preach against the notion of non-hybridization, the laws of Leviticus, the concept that only ONE people are chosen? Lots of churches are going to take a hit on that.

To me this is just typical Republic of Texas Fascism at its worse. And someone ought to say so.

It is not about defending polygamy; it is about following judicial law. "Pre-emptive" strikes like this could as easily be aimed at you and your beliefs next. Do any of you historians remember Krystalnacht?

Or do you believe that Justice is only for priviledged mainstream 'sanitized' Christianity? And as for the rest of us ... well ... no one cares as long as it is 'just us'.

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580128-Republic-of-Texas-Fascism-a-rant