*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/579502-more-of-the-same
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#579502 added April 15, 2008 at 10:48am
Restrictions: None
more of the same
Well, today is the dead line for filing taxes. I've already filed mine. I think that all of my kids have done thiers also, but I could be wrong. Since 2 of my kids live out of state, I don't really know what is going on with them unless they call and tell me. That usually means that I hear from them when they have a problem, not just to call and bs. But, that's ok, at least I hear from them regularly. I finally got to see a picture of my sister's new hair. She dyed it an auburn color. It doesn't look bad, but it will take some getting used to because she was a natural blonde, like me. It is a major change. She said that her daughter's thought she needed a new hair color to go with her new life. They might be right, who knows.

We have to take the cat, Marvin, to the vet today. He had another Wolf Worm come out of him and now there is a hole in him as big around as a pencil. He had one last year in October and it got infected. That was totally gross! I had never heard of such a thing before then. It is horse fly larvae. They lay the egg on the host body and it burrows under the skin and grows and feeds on the host body. Depending on where the egg is layed, depends on the damage done. If the animal ingests the larvae, it can become serious and require surgery. Fortunately for me, both times have not been serious enough to require surgery. The first time, we thought that someone had shot him with a BB gun and it was lodged in the back of his head. That was really scary and it made me so mad, until I found out what had really happened. The vet cleaned the hole and gave him some antibiotics and he was fine. It just seems strange to me for him to get a 2nd one. They are normally on wild life and cattle from what I understand. We live in the city. I haven't seen any on the squirrels, but we do have possums and raccoons around the area. Guess he is getting them from them. We have a really great vet. She will see him and let me give her a check to hold until Friday. It isn't very expensive either. The office visit is only $38.00 and the antibiotics are only about $9.00. So, for less than $50.00, he gets treated and healed. Most vets charge and arm and a leg for treatment. If your interested in seeing what a wolf worm looks like, go to wikipedia. I must warn you though, some of the pictures are gross.

On a lighter note, we watched the movie, "The Painted Veil" yesterday. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. My daughter liked the movie though. It is very slow to get started but it picks up eventually. It just wasn't my type of movie. I really don't have too much more to say so I guess that it for today. I hope that everyone reading this has a great day. There is always something wonderful to see each and every day, you just have to take the time to look!

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/579502-more-of-the-same