*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578836-Daughters-movie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#578836 added April 11, 2008 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
Daughter's movie
Well, my daughter showed up yesterday to watch a movie and we ended up watching the remake of " The Omen". She has a thing for scary movies. I don't know why, maybe it was because I like to read scary stories and I read one to many while I was pregnant with her, lol! I like to read Stephen King and Dean Koontz books. The books are so much better than the movies anyway. Your imagination always works better than someone else's. But, the remake of "The Omen" wasn't bad. It pretty much followed the original movie with a little more graphic content than the original. On Monday, we are supposed to watch "The Painted Veil". I'm not sure what type of movie that is but it sounds like it might be a romance movie, which she likes to watch now and then. She kept calling it The Painted Veal, to which I responded, I'm not watching a movie about painted meat! lol!!! It got the point across, after that mom comment, she said the name correctly. Sometimes moms have to say the stupidiest things, just to get something to stick in thier kids brains. I'm sure that I have said some doozies over the years. Can't recall any at this point in time, ( senior moment!).

Well, it is Friday, pay day, for more than just my husband. I have bills to pay, groceries to buy and a house to clean before the weekend officially starts. I have to vacuum really good today because I can't do that over the weekend when my husband is home. It drives him up the wall. I might be able to vacuum this weekend though. We have a cat that likes to be vacuumed. It is the funniest thing I have ever seen. If he is in the house when I am vacuuming, he will jump up on the couch and wait for the vacuum to get to the couch. Then, if I ignore him, he will grab the vacuum hose and stick it to his body, grab hold of the couch and just wait for it to move over his body. If it doesn't, he'll attack it until I vacuum him. I wish I had a video camera because it is soo funny. When I finish vacuuming his back and sides, he will grab the hose and stick it to his belly and just wait for the vacuum to do it's job. Once he has been vacuumed enough to satisfy him, he leaves. I have been telling my husband about this and he has been wanting to see it, but hasn't been home when I vacuum. Maybe this weekend, he'll be able to see because it is supposed to rain and get cooler. The cats don't go out in the rain. Not the little ones anyway. Our big orange tabby, Marvin, aka. Mr. Phat Cat, goes out whenever he wants and comes in when he damn well feels like it and not until then.

When we found him, he was just skin and bones. Less than 6 months old and looked pretty pathetic. My husband said don't feed the cat, it will go away and find a new home. Our next door neighbors abandoned it, but, I couldn't not feed the poor little thing. It looked so pathetic. My middle son and his girlfriend (at the time) started buying food for him and feeding him on the front porch. Then they moved out of state and left him here. They had named him Orion, which didn't fit him at all. I renamed him, Starvin' Marvin, which fit him because he looked like he was starving. That was about 5, 6, 7 years ago now. He has gained weight since then and we have had him fixed. My youngest son worked at the vets for 4 days to pay for the surgery and so Marvin belongs to him now. He sleeps in his room, on the bed, right next to my son. He comes when he is called, which is more than I can say for the 2 old dogs that we have. They can't hear very well anymore. 14 and 16 years old, what do you expect? Back to the cat, he is something else. He will stand up next to my son just so he can have his head scratched. It is something to see. My son just tells him , "Come her marvin" and there he is, waiting for him to pet him. When my son sits down, he will tell Marvin, " Come on" and the cat jumps right up there, curls up and goes to sleep. He will give my son hugs too. One paw on each side of his neck and then he will lay his head down. It is just amazing to see how close they are.

Guess I should get off this computer and get busy paying the bills, etc. Hopefully, i will be able to add some more over the weekend but it will probably have to wait until Monday.

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578836-Daughters-movie