*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578459-Nothing-spectacular
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#578459 added April 9, 2008 at 9:51am
Restrictions: None
Nothing spectacular
First, sorry about not blogging yesterday, I was just having a sad day and didn't feel like talking to anybody for anything or any reason. Guess everyone has those days sometimes. I was feeling sorry for myself because all of my kids are grown and the whole empty nest thing. Just not ready to be not needed anymore. But, today is a new day and I am in a better mood. Yesterday was my husband's birthday. He turned 53! I guess he was ok with it this year. Last year he had a mini meltdown about getting old. If he paid more attention to the grandkids ages, he would feel older than he is. I kind of look forward to my next birthday, I'll be 50, half a century, that's pretty awesome if you ask me. Do you remember when you were a kid and thought that it would be forever before you got that old? Do you remember sitting in bed and trying to figure out what year it owuld be when you hit 30? Didn't that seem like it was sooo far away that it would be forever to get to that year?

Sometimes, when I think back to those days, the nostalgia is almost overwhelming. But, then I realize that I lived all those years and I have a good life and good kids. Of course, I have those days like yesterday and then I get really bummed out. I manage to pull myself out of it though. Sometimes it is a little harder than other times but I get through it ok. I talked to my sister last night, she was packing some of her things to take back to her house. Her husband just had surgery on the 4th. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and they removed part of his pancreas, part of his stomach and then re-attached his small intestines to his stomach. Anyway, they are getting a divorce, she went back to his house because he was having surgery and she had to be there just incase he didn't make it through the surgery. They have a lot of things that they have to get straightened out between them and decisions that they have to make and things to be divided up, etc. I feel sorry for them both. They have been together for along time and it is always a sad thing when a relationship ends. But, I have to go for now. My daughter and my son want me to watch a movie with them. They want me to watch " The Notebook". It is hard for me to believe that my 19 year old son wants to watch a chick flick. I'll update you tomorrow on his thoughts about the movie. BYE!

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578459-Nothing-spectacular