*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578046-back-to-reality
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#578046 added April 7, 2008 at 9:56am
Restrictions: None
back to reality
OK, life isn't always what you think it should be, guess I can live with that. If it was, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would be living in bigger houses and have a lot more money and free time and still get paid.

My husband went to work this morning and he's going to buy some lottery tickets today. I know, I know, but, you can't win if you don't play. Yes, I know that my chances are the same as a snowballs chance in hell but still... It makes you think, what would you do with that much money? I know one thing I would do, move back to my home state, take my daughter and her girls with me, pay off my son's house, so he could go with us and his girlfriend could go or stay in the house. Of course, I would buy a house for my other daughter and my other 2 sons. At least that way, they would always have thier own place to live and I wouldn't have to worry about them being homeless. I would buy presents for a few friends. I don't have that many, so that would be ok. I have one friend who really likes cadillacs, so obviously, I would buy him one. I would also help pay for some of his wife's medical bills. She has to go to dialysis 3 times a week now. That has to be costing a pretty penny even with insurance, which I'm sure he has through his job.

Then, I would give some money to an animal shelter, a no kill shelter, because they always need help and they hardly ever refuse to take an animal. I would give some money to a church but it has to be one that I feel is worthy. Those are very hard to find these days. I haven't found a church that I feel comfortable going to, so it would be hard to find one that is worthy. You hear so much BS about all of the churches and religion in general, it is almost like faith is being tested these days. But, that is a whole other blog for another day. As for the burger king incident, I still don't know what to think about it all. I have the # to the corporate office and I am going to call them. But whether they do anything about it, well, we'll just have to wait and see. Guess I was being reminded of how lucky I am because I have a place to live, food on the table everyday and a little money in the bank and I can read and write and my kids are healthy and so are the grandkids. So, for that I am very thankful and very grateful.

Guess I just needed to be reminded to say thank you for the little things that everyone takes for granted on a daily basis. So, to the powers that be, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LITTLE THINGS!! Well, I'm going to stop for now, my daughter and ger girls are coming over to watch a movie and I have to go get dressed before they get here. BYE!!

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578046-back-to-reality