*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576283-Too-cold-for-March
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#576283 added March 29, 2008 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
Too cold for March!

Four more inches of snow yesterday...global warming...bah!

Now that my daughter and her hubby are living in Japan, I am vicariously experiencing all matter of new things as well as learning a lot about Japan. It's fun!

Their apartment there is bigger than our house! With the added attraction of views of mt Fuji on a clear day. They've acquired a Japanese Bob-tailed cat who has taken up residence in either the shower or the bathroom sink although it spends much time hiding still as it is mostly wild and unsure as yet of its new and safe home.

It is interesting talking to her now which we do regularly vie Skype and the computer. With our webcams we sit and yack and it is alllllmost like being together! *big smile*

The weird part tho, is that when I talk to her (like last evening for example) on Friday, it is already Saturday morning for her. (13 hours difference)

So I was talking to tomorrow...she was talking to yesterday. Weird.

Bad news is that they were told that, when he re-upped, duty in Japan was nondeployable. Since he's already spent 2 1/2 years in Iraq in two deployments, that was a huge deal. So now they are halfway around the world and he's getting deployed back to Iraq again. They (and I) are not happy! Sigh...... Depending upon space-a travel, maybe she'll come home for Christmas now as he'll be gone.....

As of Wednesday, I've been at my job a year. I love my store *big smile* But I am so happy today is Saturday and I am off. And will I stop in my store...probably....*shakes her head at herself*

© Copyright 2008 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576283-Too-cold-for-March