*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575297-O-Holy-Socks
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#575297 added March 24, 2008 at 4:13pm
Restrictions: None
O Holy Socks
ME:

Called my cousin, my mother and my sister. My nephew's Army training in Georgia was delayed a week, so he's stuck in Misery ... but soon ...

I follow basketball but not as much as my sister. Kansas Jayhawks did win their game yesterday though and that's neat. Syracuse (my BIL's team) is still alive in the NIT.

I realize that I need to sit down and have a talk with my socks. Try to pair them up. Tell the holy they have to go now ... Same with shirts and shoes and everything else. It's time to toss and cut back. If I do decide to get an RV, use it as my main home, home on the road ... I won't have the room as I roam.

My old pair of shoes are shot through their soles. I put on a different pair I never wear. My feet ache. I must get to a second hand shop and shop!

I washed pillows today and put them out to dry. I used the 2x All concentrate. I have liked All in the past but this concentrate is nasty stuff. I'm going to have to be very careful getting it on my skin.

Mundane is underrated sometimes. These mundane tasks will get me through the day.

I visited the bell tower today and spoke with Elizabeth Berghout, the carilloneuse. 5 years ago on March 23rd I climbed the steps and played the bells (poorly). At the base before one climbs the winding staircase up to the carillon and tons of bells above this is what one sees when one looks up:



Kansas: 47º and chilly.

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575297-O-Holy-Socks