*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574111-Mondays
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#574111 added March 17, 2008 at 9:50am
Restrictions: None
Mondays
Well, it is Monday and my hubby went back to work today! He has been off since last Thursday and anyone who has been married as long as I have knows exactly what I mean when I say HOORAY!! He took time off from work to go to the dentist and get his dentures. That is a good thing and I am glad that he did this. I am also glad that he went back to work. I love him with all my heart but sometimes he drives me crazy. I just can't get any housework done when he is home. He doesn't want to hear the vacuum and if I am washing dishes, he wants me to quit and come watch tv with him or help him figure out a puzzle on one of the many video games that he plays. It's just his way of staying connected and I understand that and appreciate it also, but sometimes it just makes me crazy!
Anyway, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY !!!! I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your day today. I'm still in my p.j.'s so I don't have any green on yet, but I will before the day is out.
I sent my sister an email asking her why you have to turn the computer off once in a while to keep the screen from going onto sleep mode and not coming back on. I haven't gotten an answer from her yet, but when I do, I will let everyone know what she said. My youngest son has nicknamed her, Aunt Geek Squad. He did that because anytime we have a question about the computer, we can call her and ask her and she usually has the answer that we need. When I told her what he nicknamed her, she just laughed and laughed. She knows it was done out of love and not malice. I have the best family in the world and I can't wait to move back to my home state, TEXAS.
It was really strange going back home when my mom was sick. I was dreading it and looking forward to it all at the same time.When my sister came from Illinois and picked me up, it was such a mixed bag of emotions. I was so happy to see her and ready to go see the rest of my family. But at the same time, I was sad because I had to leave my family here and I was going home to help take care of mom because she was sick.
When we got there and went to the doctor with mom, we all found out at the same time. My mom had the whole family there, except our baby brother, he just couldn't face the fact that mom was sick. That's o.k., we all understood exactly how he felt but we went with mom anyway. Just imagine, my mom, all 3 of us girls and one brother, in one of those little cubicle rooms, waiting on the doctor to come in and tell us what mom was up against. Turned out it wasn't something she could fight successfully with chemo. All the chemo would have done is rob her of the six weeks she had left. So, she opted not to take the chemo because it wouldn't have done any good at all. She had Neuro-endocrine carcinoma and it was all through out her body. This particular type of cancer isn't affected by chemo-therapy. All we could do was sit and watch her slowly get worse, give her meds for the pain and make her milkshakes when she wanted them. It got to the point where that is about all she would eat or drink. She could handle soup, icecream and fruit. That was about all she would eat. Once in a while, she would make a bowl of cereal, eat about 4 or 5 bites and then give the rest to her dogs and some for the cat also. It was a very sad thing to have to witness. I wish that it had never happened and I'm sure that everyone reading this wishes the same thing. But, it is a fact of life and I can't change it, so, I am learning to live with it the best way that I can. It has been rough, but, I will be o.k. because that is the way my mom raised me and my brothers and sisters. So, having said that, I will stop for now and call my sister back. She is home today and I would like to talk to her for a while. Until next time, BYE!

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574111-Mondays