*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/573173-Its-been-fixed
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#573173 added March 12, 2008 at 9:36am
Restrictions: None
It's been fixed?
Well, my last entry was about the plumbing problem I was having and waiting on the landlord to send someone to fix it. They finally showed up yesterday and I thought it was fixed but it seems that everything drains like it is supposed to except for the bathroom sink. How crappy is that, no wait, that comment should be about the toilet, not the sink. Guess I'll try some more Drano or Liquid Plumber. The plunger does no good.
There really isn't anything exciting going on right now. My husband is going through a mid-life something or other. Can't all it a crisis because it isn't. He is fixing to be 53 and that is taking a toll on him . He is having trouble dealing with getting older. Some people just can't accept the fact that they get older and thiernot able to act like they are 25. Your body hurts in places that you didn't know could hurt and sometimes the smallest things just totally wear you out. He said yesterday, that he feels like he is totally stressed out and he keeps feeling like he is forgetting things that he has known for 20 years. I sure hope that this isn't the beginning signs of something more serious. I have been forgetting things for years but then again, I am a natural blonde!
Guess I should do some research about Alzheimer's or maybe I should buy him a nintendo ds with the brain age game. That is supposed to help improve your memory, atleast that is what the commercial says. Maybe if he would do something else besides just work and watch tv news programs, tattoo shows, and shows about cars that are soo out of our price range, then he might not be feeling so forgetful. He does play some video games. He likes games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Shadow Man and then he likes games about cars and racing, i.e., Midnight Club, Need for Speed, etc. That is a day in the life of my husband and that is all there is to that. There is nothing else. He has no other hobbies, he doesn't read books, he doesn't draw anymore, he doesn't color or paint, he doesn't laugh at the little things in life that I find so funny. He plays those games, he watches those shows and that is that!
I have tried to get him to do something else, anything else, but with no luck what so ever. So, I am at a loss here. Maybe, if by some miracle, we should win the lottery anytime soon, he will be able to find something that he wants to do. I'll guarantee that it will have something to do with buying outrageously expensive cars from the car auctions that they have in Arizona once or twice a year. After he does that, he will not have anything left for him to do and then I will have to start worrying all over again! I have been married to him since, forever and it really bothers me that he isn't happy anymore. Iknow, I know, it isn't up to me to make him happy. He has to do that himself, i understand that, but, it shouldn't be that hard for him to find something that keeps his brain working. He won't have anyhting to do with the computer and gets very irate when I send emails to family and friends. I have tried to explain to him that it is just like sending a letter only quicker. He says that I should just pick up the phone and call. All of my brother's and sister's are at work and have things to do when they get home from work. If I send an email, I am still connecting with them without interrupting thier schedule with thier families and thier lifestyle. He still gets mad, so I do things on the computer when he isn't home. That way, he doesn't get upset and complain about me spemnding too much time on the computer and none on him. That really sounds very childish, now that it is written down. Oh well, guess that is enough for now. Housework calls, YUCK!

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/573173-Its-been-fixed